Hammond Long Distance Moving Companies
Hammond is the oldest and most populous city in Lake County. It is mainly an industrial city that’s home to giant corporations such as Unilever, Lear Seating Corporation and Cabela’s. The list of outdoor activities in this city is endless making it a perfect spot for both residents and tourists. With so much to do on moving day, enlisting the services of a professional moving company will help you relocate with ease. Our staff is friendly and will offer you any assistance you need during the moving process. Visit our offices in Indiana for a one-on-one chat or call us to make your reservation. We also relocate vehicles.
Top 5 moving tips
- Get rid of all items you haven’t used in more than six months. Use the various channels such as eBay or Craigslist to sell your items. Any items that can’t be sold can be donated or given away to friends.
- Label your boxes correctly as soon as you finish packing to avoid confusion. This way, your movers will have an easy time unpacking and arranging the items in your new house.
- If your moving company creates an inventory of your items, request a copy for your own records. The list will help you establish if any of your items are missing.
- Change your address at the local post office or online through the USPS portal. Notify your business contacts, banks and close friends of the change so that you continue receiving important notifications.
- If you are moving your pet, ask if the moving company provides pet transport. Pets need special care, especially if being transported over a long distance. Make sure the conditions are conducive to your pet and that you have all the documentation ready.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Experience: The staff of a professional moving company has been moving house for many years hence mastering the art. They are ready to deal with any problems that could crop up during the move. With their training and skills, you can rest assured that your items will be delivered to your new place safely.
- Safety and security: When you hire a professional moving company, they come equipped with the appropriate tools that will simplify your move. You’ll avoid the stress and risk of heavy lifting since the movers use special equipment to lift and carry your belongings when loading and unloading them.
- Time-saving: To effectively carry out a move, you’ll have to take time off from work so that you organize how to transport your possessions. But with professional movers, your work schedule won’t be interrupted. They will take care of your moving plans and you can focus on your work.
- Reduce stress: Professional movers will handle everything from packing to loading to unloading your household items. You don’t have to ask for help from your friends. The movers are capable of planning and executing your moving process without you lifting a finger.
How to find a reliable moving company
A reliable mover should provide moving insurance for your belongings. Items get damaged during a move and hiring an insured moving company will guarantee the safety of your items. Verify the insurance status of your moving company with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
Be sure to ask if the moving company you intend to hire is well equipped to carry out the move comfortably. A local company will be easy to investigate since you can visit them and assess their equipment and trucks. Don’t settle for less. Your items are valuable and you have to be certain you’re hiring the right moving company.
Check if your moving company has complied with the federal and state regulations. Ask to be provided with their license for verification purposes. The FMCSA licenses moving companies and issues a specific 11-digit number that permits long distance movers to cross the border lines. If it’s a move across the city, ask if the mover has a valid license from the Indiana Department of Revenue.
Our moving services
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Pet transport
- Military moving
- Interstate moving
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Cheap Hammond movers
Our vision is to be the leaders in the moving industry. With over 20 branches countrywide, we offer the most comprehensive services locally and overseas. We take pride in our team that is committed to ensuring your items are handled professionally and delivered in one piece. At A-1 Auto Transport, we don’t just move your items, we also provide personal support until you’re settled into your new house.
Don’t hesitate to talk to us on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com