Grosse Pointe Park Long Distance Moving Companies
Grosse Pointe Park often referred to as GPP or the Park, is an affluent city in Wayne County, Michigan. It is located close to downtown Detroit with most residents commuting to and from work on a daily basis. The neighbourhoods have integrated age old commercial, institutional and residential structures built by the finest architects. Grosse Pointe Park has the lowest poverty index among the suburbs of Wayne County. It is a favourite with the rich middle class who prefer privacy. The main attractions include the Belle Isle Aquarium, Detroit River and the Lake Saint Claire. Make the long distance move to Grosse Pointe Park and learn about the Great lakes at the Dossin Great Lakes Museum. A-1 Auto Transport makes the complex process of moving and vehicle relocation as simple as possible.
Why you need a moving company
- Affordability: People often choose the type of move based on pricing. Movers cost a premium, but it’s worth it. When using a self-move, you provide refreshments for your helpers and rent moving equipment which is a bit expensive. You also need fuel and a truck that can safely transport your heavy load. Moving companies have all these services at an all-inclusive price which is more affordable. They also insure your load which ensures you don’t suffer a loss.
- Safety: Movers are professionally trained to handle any item. They use equipment such as dollies, winches and ramps to move the items safely. They also have grippers to hold slippery items. The rough edges of utensils and furniture are padded with bubble wrap/clothing to prevent against scratching walls. With moving companies, the accidents are minimal/zero.
- Permits: You require permits to move household items within and across states. They are expensive and take time to get processed. Your vehicle should also pass the state and national inspection tests to ensure it can withstand the long distance. Your insurance information should also adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association guide. Save yourself the paperwork and hire A-1 Auto Transport.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Grosse Pointe Park
Use the Michigan Movers Association to find reliable moving companies. The association has a brochure that informs the public on how professional intrastate movers should handle customers. All the members have valid licenses from the Michigan Public Service Commission. They regulate the pricing of moves over 40 miles.
Check the condition of the intrastate moving vehicles at the Michigan Department of Transport. They inspect and license moving equipment used within the confines of Michigan.
Use Yelp to view the opinion of past customers. Reliable moving companies have satisfactory reviews while mediocre movers have negative reviews. All reviews are from verified sources and straight to the point.
Check if the company appears on the website Rip-off Report.com. They deal with exposing rogue moving companies. Any mover that appears several times on the site is untrustworthy. The company agitates for better services from moving companies.
Check the company’s assessment record with the Better Business Bureau. They have strict procedures and are non-compromising on quality. If the company is rated A and above, they definitely have superb services. All accredited members are guided by the organization’s policies.
Tips for a seamless move to Grosse Pointe Park
- Create a to-do list which will be used as your schedule. Mark all moving dates and break them into activities to be undertaken.
- Organize your items and sell or donate items you no longer use. This enables you to pack more efficiently while reducing the moving cost. You can keep the donation receipts and use them to claim tax benefits.
- Hire a moving company you trust and ensure they conduct a walk-through. Set a budget using the company’s quotation. You can easily overspend when you do not keep track of your expenses.
- Separate items you need for the first few days and pack them in clear plastic bags or suitcases. Move them in your car since your delivery could get delayed.
- Smartly pack your items weeks in advance. You need sufficient time to relax before the company personnel arrive on moving day.
A-1 Auto Transport
We guarantee superb services with each move we handle. We are so confident in our services that we offer a free no-obligation quote. Check out our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Our moving services
- Local moves
- Furniture moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Office moves
- Military moves
- Senior moves
- International moves
- Pet transport
- Storage services
Contact us today
Talk to us on 1-888-509-3213 or check out A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and schedule a free walk-through and valuation coverage.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.