Grosse Pointe Farms Long Distance Moving Companies
Grosse Pointe Farms, Wayne County is endowed with scenic sites at all ends of the city. The Lake Saint Claire provides a cool breeze, fishing and boating activities. The south side has malls, entertainment joints and factories that employ a huge population of Grosse Pointe Farms. Grosse Point Shores to the west is an affluent suburb with numerous amenities. Grosse Pointe Farms is among the best small cities of Michigan due to its economic diversity, cultural inclusivity and captivating landscapes. Moving is an uphill task especially when moving across states. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport have all the required services and equipment to make it smooth. We also provide auto transportation. Visit Grosse Pointe Farms, ski at the Balduck Park and learn about the history of Michigan at the historical society museums.
Why hire a moving company?
- Extra services: Moving companies can handle all types of moves and provide additional services. They can move pets, bulky and high-value items. They have full-service moves that handle the move from packing to arranging your house. This is convenient since you only need to sign the agreement and move in to a furnished house. Movers also have warehouses where they can store your excess items. If you have special requests or items, professional movers will find a way to make it work.
- Peace of mind: Professional movers work to make your move as seamless as possible. They handle the difficult moving tasks and leave simple tasks such as changing your address or lease agreement to you. Moving companies also have a superb customer service that keeps you relaxed as the team on the ground handles your move. Most companies have a high success rate hence you don’t have to worry about the safety or delivery time of your items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a professional moving company
Ask friends, relatives or coworkers for suggestions about reliable moving companies. They should have seen your items and know about the city you are moving into. They are more trustworthy since they have no agenda against the company.
Check for previous customer reviews on Yelp. They allow customers to narrate their experience at the hands of a moving company. Moving companies that provide incredible services have exceptional reviews. Search the reviews keeping in mind some customers may not give candid reviews while some may be personnel working for a rival company.
Check the number of times the company has appeared on Rip-off report. Such organizations protect the customer and agitate for better services from movers.
Check the Michigan Public Service Commission and know how moving companies are supposed to price their moves. They have a list of the basic prices per weight, distance and time used. All movers operating within the state of Michigan should also have clearance from the Michigan Department of Transport.
State to state moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. Enter the USDOT carrier number and view the company’s household items moving license and insurance information.
- Hire a moving company that would reliably take care of your items. Experienced moving companies have superb services and a higher chance of success.
- Get organized. Create a to-do list and break down the moving tasks into timelines. Space the entire move in the span of a month or more.
- Get rid of items you no longer use. They are a common cause of unnecessary expenses. Items such as clothes and garage junk you have not used for the past half year should be sold or donated to the Salvation Army.
- Create a budget to keep the expenses in check. Ensure you include all the items, unforeseen situations and supplies required.
- Start packing at least a week in advance. Pack smartly by moving from room to room. Separate utilities and pack them in an overnight bag. Items such as toiletries, cooking supplies, clothes and beddings come in handy in case the move is delayed.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our history with Wayne County dates back years ago. We began as a local mover and have advanced to interstate and international moves. This has been enabled by the consistency of our quality services and our trustworthy customers.
We perform the following moves
- Long distance house moves
- Corporate relocations
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Apartment relocations
- Piano moves
- Local moves
- Pool table moves
- Senior moves
Get in touch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.