Greenbelt Long Distance Moving Companies
With A-1 Auto Transport by your side, nothing could go wrong. We take every move seriously and prepare meticulously to help make your transition as smooth as possible. With a move to or from Greenbelt looming, don’t hesitate to visit our offices in Maryland to set an appointment. We offer a wide range of services including vehicle transport.
Tips to help you move easier
- If you haven’t used an item for over six months, it’s time to get rid of it. When relocating, it's important to move with only the items you need and use daily. This way, you minimize the cost of moving since your load will weigh less.
- Use small boxes to pack heavy items. It’s easier to carry them and can only fit a few items. It's better to move three boxes down the stairs than carrying one large heavy box.
- Don’t forget to pack your necessities in a separate bag. Make sure the bags are loaded last and unloaded first for easy access. Items such as towels, beddings, snacks, a change of clothes and medications will help you get through your first-night without stress.
- Remember to ‘Change your Address’ a few days before moving out to keep the communication going. This is to ensure you don’t miss out on important notifications from your bank and other business associates.
- Take pictures of how your cords are connected to your electronic devices before unplugging. You’ll have an easy time setting them up when you arrive at your new place.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Less stress: Moving is a tedious process that can be frustrating at times. With so many tasks to take care of, you need the help of professionals. This is what movers are trained to do. They know how to plan and complete a move fast while ensuring all your belongings are accounted for. Your mind will be at peace knowing that your items are in safe hands.
- Storage units: Professional movers have storage facilities to store household items. So if you want your belongings moved before you, you can trust your movers to keep your possessions in safe and secure storage units that are climate controlled.
- Safety: With the DIY way, the risk of breaking your items is high. You also expose yourself to the possibility of getting injured. However, when you hire a professional moving company, your safety is guaranteed. They know the techniques to handle heavy and delicate items. With modern equipment and their skills, your items will be packed and safely loaded into the trucks.
- Protection: Your items are insured the moment you hire a professional moving company. The movers take the necessary precautions to deliver your items safely to your new home. The government requires moving companies to provide a mandatory cover of $0.60 per pound per item. If you have expensive items, it’s advisable to purchase additional insurance for extra protection.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose the right moving company
Choose a company that has offices in your locality. Avoid using brokers and make sure you visit the company to discuss the details of your move. Local movers are familiar with the best routes to use and know the area better than anyone.
Get the estimates of multiple movers to compare the different rates. Consider a mover whose prices are reasonable and the quality of services is above par. Movers who offer extremely low prices should be avoided.
To avoid being duped by unscrupulous movers, check out the comments posted on movingscam.com. The website reveals moving scams through customers who had a bad experience with a moving company. You can post questions about your moving company to find out if they are legit.
We specialize in these services
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Furniture relocation
- Packing supplies
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Cheap Greenbelt movers
Why hire us?
We understand how overwhelming a move can be that’s why we treat every move uniquely. Whether you're moving across town or country, we've got you covered. Our experts are available 24/7 to address any concerns you may have during the move. We take pride in our staff who work tirelessly to ensure your move progresses flawlessly. A-1 Auto Transport is a company you can rely on for top-notch moving services at affordable rates.
Hire us today
Secure your spot now by booking early. If you have any questions, reach us on 888-509-3213 and we’ll be happy to answer them. Get free moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.