- Grand Rapids Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Need A Moving Company
- Steps Towards Finding The Best Moving Company In Grand Rapids
- How To Make Your Move Flawless
- Why You Should Hire A-1 Auto Transport
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services
- International And Overseas Moving To Or From Grand Rapids
- Get In Touch
Grand Rapids Long Distance Moving Companies
Grand Rapids is the second largest city in the state of Michigan. It’s the county seat of Kent County, West Michigan. It has a population of over 200,000 residents. The tall skyscrapers, mountains and parks contribute to a diverse and scenic landscape. The Grand River is the most majestic landscape in the city. It cuts through the center of the city providing picturesque views and recreational activities which attract thousands. There are numerous festivals held along the river annually. The city is known as ‘Furniture City’ due to production of quality and huge volumes of office furniture. It has a diverse economy with automobile manufacture, aviation and health care boosting the economy. Grand Rapids is home to several famous figures among them Gerald Ford, the 38th president of America. A-1 Auto Transport has comprehensive moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Professionalism: Moving companies have professional training on how to conduct themselves and handle customers. They don uniforms and use official and respectable language. They read your rights and responsibilities and guide you on how to make your move smooth. In case of disagreements, they have an efficient complaint resolution method which ensures you are sorted swiftly. All transactions are documented and regulated by government departments.
- Professional inventory: Movers know they are responsible for all your items when moving. They create an inventory as they pack and load the items. The boxes are labeled along the sides according to the items they contain and the room they are headed to. The items are systematically loaded in the moving vehicle and tracked using real-time satellite technology.
- Straight-forward estimate: Professional movers provide the customer with a 10% nonbinding estimate when moving for long distances. They include all items, moving resources and unforeseen circumstances. In case accidents or delays happen they can’t exceed 10% of the final estimate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps towards finding the best moving company in Grand Rapids
Check for customer reviews on sites like Transportreviews.com. The site deals with reviewing and rating moving companies in the country. They have a catalogue of over 500 reviewed moving companies. They advocate for better service provision from moving companies.
Check the insurance status of state to state moving companies at the FMCSA. They have updated insurance information from all moving companies. Confirm that the insurance is valid, covers the items, workers and building. The company should also provide additional insurance for high-value and delicate items.
Use the Michigan Department of Transport to view intrastate moving companies licensed in Grand Rapids. The department states the responsibilities of the consumers and companies to avoid any disagreements. They also deal with consumer complaints.
Members of the AMSA have incredible services. The reputable association registers movers across the country. They have a professional code of ethics followed by all companies. They are identified by the Promover logo.
Ask for quotations from different companies and make a comparison. Check how the company charges per weight and how they deal with damages and delays. Responsible moving companies cover for any damage to your items.
How to make your move flawless
- Plan your move by assigning sufficient time to each moving task. Clear your schedule on each moving day and focus on moving only. Ensure all activities are scheduled weeks in advance in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Reduce your load by selling or donating items you no longer use. It improves your moving efficiency and lowers the moving cost.
- Separate personal items and utilities and move them yourself. Pack them in clear plastic bags or suitcases where they can be easily identified.
- Pack the clothes in laundry bins and trash bags to reduce the number of boxes used. Strengthen the boxes by taping them on the outside. Ensure they are well labeled to ease your unpacking process.
- Change your address at USPS and update it at I am moving to reach over 1,500 businesses.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport has experience of over 25 years. Coupled with advanced equipment and professionally trained personnel you are sure of incredible services. Our customer support line is open 24/7 with friendly personnel ready and willing to engage you about moving.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- International moves
- Senior moves
- Door to door relocations
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- State to state moves
- Military relocations
- Pet transport
International And Overseas Moving To Or From Grand Rapids
While you can move on your own, hiring a professional company is usually worth the price. Movers will help you save a lot of time, especially when you're moving overseas. Instead of driving a truck over a few weeks, you can simply get on a plane or take a mini-vacation until we arrive.
If you’re a senior or have a bad back, then we can lift the furniture for you. We also offer a onetime deal of placing your furniture in its designated spots. However, you must decide before our arrival where you want everything placed, since our staff will only do it once.
Get in touch
Call us on 1-888-509-3123 and let us make your move to Grand Rapids flawless. Check out A1-Auto Transport and fill out the form at the top of our page for great discounts.