- Grand Forks Long Distance Moving Companies
- International And Overseas Moving To Or From Grand Forks
- Questions To Help You Shortlist Legitimate Movers
- The 3P’s Of Non-Allowable Items
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services In Grand Forks
- Move With The Professionals
- Get More Information
Grand Forks Long Distance Moving Companies
The US Census shows that Americans move for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons are family-related, housing-related, and career or business related reasons. Grand Forks is the third largest city in North Dakota. It is home to Sherlock Park, Sertoma Park, Greater Grand Forks Greenway and Splashers of the South Seas. Whatever your reason for the move, choose A-1 Auto Transport Inc to move you within, to or from Grand Forks. We also offer auto transport services.
International And Overseas Moving To Or From Grand Forks
Throughout our 20 years of moving the personal possessions of various clients, we've always strived for excellence. Regardless of the distance to your new home or the number of borders we have to pass, we ensure the same level of quality we give to our local projects.
If you're unsure of how to prepare for your move, you can obtain answers through a short call. Our staff will know what type of service will suit your situation and recommend it. You can request additional options or strip some of them down if you're having difficulties with your budget. In this case, we recommend you ask about discounts, since there may be some available to you.
Questions to help you shortlist legitimate movers
Using movers helps to take away the stress from your planning. However, it is important to do a thorough screening of your local movers to identify the best fit for your needs. Below are some of the questions you could ask:
- Experience. Find out from your mover how long they have been in the moving business. It is always safer to work with a mover who has at least 5 years of moving experience.
- Client feedback. Always ask a moving company to give your details of their clients so that you may contact them to get feedback on their experiences.
- Expertise. Find out what resources they have that will help make your move successful. It is good to get details on both their physical and human resources.
- Compliance. All long distance moving companies should be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Ask each of the movers to provide you with the US DOT and MC numbers to enable you to search for them.
- Estimates. Ask them what types of estimates they give their clients. Find out what their terms and modes of payments are. Ask them which additional services they provide to their clients and how they charge for each service. If you are crossing state lines ask them if the move will be affected by the labor laws in the new state and how that will impact the final estimate.
- Prohibited items. Ask each mover for a list of items they don’t carry and a list of those that they can carry but for which they will charge you extra.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The 3P’s of non-allowable Items
FMSCA requires movers not to carry some certain types of items during long distance moves because of their potential to cause danger. Many movers have a list of items that they will not transport to or from Grand Forks. Below are the most common:
- Personal. These are items of very high value. Many movers will recommend that you carry them for yourself. Some of these items will include medication, personal and business certificates, exclusive art pieces, jewellery, safes and safe keys, laptops among others.
- Perilous items. These items can be explosive, corrosive or flammable if exposed to the right conditions. Some of these items will include fertilizer, nail polish remover, car batteries, pesticides, acidic items amongst others. When moving, make sure that you dispose them properly or give them away to neighbors and friends.
- Perishable items. Long distance movers will often not carry plants and any food item even if it is frozen. Perishable items have the potential to go bad very quickly and cause damage to the entire shipment.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services in Grand Forks
We offer the following specialized services:
- Residential moves
- College moves
- Vacation moves
- Door to door moves
- Auto transport
- Moving bulky items
- Military moves
- Moving pets and animals
- Moving you from coast to coast
- Local moves
- International moves
Move with the professionals
We can guarantee you great service in Grand Forks because:
- We are registered and adhere to the long distance moving requirements set by the FMCSA.
- We have over 20 years of expertise in the moving and transport business.
- We have the best moving resources; both human and technical. We are continuously upgrading all our equipment to ensure we have the latest moving technologies.
- We are a green business that is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and protecting our environment. The US Environmental Protection Agency has recognized our efforts in The Smart Way Program.
- We are a certified ProMover under the American Moving and Storage Association.
Get more information
To get a free no obligation quote from us, start by filling the form at the top of this page. You can write to our client service team on firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our agents will get in touch with you. You can also contact our call center in Grand Forks on 888-509-3213. Make the switch and get value for your investment.