Graham Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving allows us the rare chance to start over in a new place. It does not matter if you are moving to a different house or within the same building. However, many decisions have to be made when planning for a move. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we help to take away the burden of planning your move within, to or from Graham.
Long distance clients moving rights
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) governs all long distance moves. It requires all movers to provide you with a copy of the ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move’ for all long distance moves. Below are some key points to note when preparing for your move:
- All movers should give you a written estimate detailing the total cost of your move before the moving day. Clients should not sign blank or incomplete estimate documents.
- Before the actual moving day, you and your mover should determine if your quote would be binding or non-binding. A binding estimate gives you a guarantee in the final price. The price would only go up if you have more items or you request additional services. A non-binding estimate helps you to predict the possible cost of your move; the final cost is determined by your final shipping weight, distance covered and the mover’s tariff. If you have a non-binding estimate, the mover should not charge you more than 110 percent of the original estimate. Clients should pay for any extra charges within 30 days of delivery of the items.
- All estimates must include the two liability coverage options; full value protection and the waiver of full value protection. Full value protection is the most comprehensive and its price should be available on the estimate. You can however request for a waiver in writing.
- In addition to the two insurance options a mover is required to provide, you can purchase additional insurance from your mover or a third party. Make sure that you receive written records of your purchase and the policy documents.
- In the event of damage or loss during the moving process, you can claim for compensation. You should submit written claims to your mover within nine months of delivery. Your mover should acknowledge receipt of the claim within 30 days and process your request within 3 months.
- Your mover should provide you with a written inventory. The inventory will detail everything that is loaded onto the truck and its condition. Both you and the mover’s representative should sign each page of the inventory. After delivery, both you and the mover are also required to sign the inventory after checking that all the items have been delivered and their condition. You can then use the inventory to make claims in the event of damage or loss.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We have acquired a great wealth of experience in running local, national and international moving services for our different clients. Below are some of the services we offer in Graham:
- Military relocations
- State to state moves
- Apartment moves
- Corporate moves
- International moves
- Vacation moves
- College moves
- Pet and animal transport
- Auto transport
A-1 Auto Transport Inc - your best option
- We have earned five star ratings on different platforms courtesy of our great service to the thousands of Americans we have helped move.
- We custom-make all our moving solutions to fit your immediate needs and budget.
- We have offices and warehouses across all the 50 states. We have also spread our wings and have a good number of global offices and warehouses allowing us to move you to or from the US with great convenience.
- We are a certified ProMover and members of the American Moving and Storage Association.
- We have invested heavily in the acquisition of the latest innovations and technologies in the moving industry such as the real-time GPRS tracking system for all our shipments.
- We have the best prices in all of Graham. Get your free no obligation quote
Contact us today. Save money!
To enjoy a convenient move with us, please fill the form at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our client service agents will get in touch with you. If you would like to speak to one of our agents, please call us on 888-509-3213. Let us help you save.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com