Get Your Classic Car Ready for Its International Shipping Process
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping a classic car to another nation is a process that requires a lot of attention. That’s why it’s best to hire those experienced in international transports for automobiles.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Aside from hiring an outstanding transport service, it’s important to stay on top of your shipping process by preparing accordingly.
- Begin researching international transporters months before you need the vehicle shipped out. Find a company that maintains a highly regarded reputation. They should have years of experience within the auto shipping industry.
- Right after scheduling the transport for your classic car, contact the embassy of the country you’re shipping to. Find out what the current auto import policy is. Write down the information given to you.
- Start fulfilling the requirements and requests made by the country. This will include gathering documents, passing inspections, and making sure your car complies with the regulations set by the country you’re transporting your classic car too.
- Begin preparing the vehicle for its travels. The transport company will have a few requests that they will hold you responsible for. These are easy to fulfill, but must be done for the vehicle and the transport specialists’ safety. Usually, you will be asked to clean out the vehicle entirely, wash the exterior, and check the fluids.
- Make sure that you have a ride to the port where the vehicle is set to be dropped off at. Ports do not hold any automobiles. You must be present when it arrives.
- Following the completed prep work of the car, check for damages. Look for scratches, dents, rust spots, and paint chips. Write down anything you notice and snap pictures. This documentation will help during your final inspection once the transport has been completed. If you notice any damages that were caused during your classic car’s transport, inform the overseas shipping company immediately. They’ll file a report and help you file an insurance claim.