Best Georgia Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Whether you are moving next door from your home in Georgia or across the country, moving can be tough. There are utilities to shut off, medical records to transfer, school records to transfer, and that is all before you enough touch a single box. After that you have to actually pack up a truck or van and do the actual move. If you don’t load everything correctly, things could get damaged. You have to convince friends to help you lift heavy awkward things. There is no easy way to lift a king size mattress. If the thought of it makes you ill, you could consider hiring a moving company to help. Your belongings will meet you at your new home.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Charlotte to Athens||173 miles||$2,000- $2,475||$3,806- $5,446||1-2|
|Atlanta to Nashville||233 miles||$2,102- $2,608||$4,022- $5,766||2-4|
|Detroit to Atlanta||610 miles||$2,679- $3,360||$5,260- $7,622||3-5|
|Atlanta to Miami||627 miles||$2,662- $3,338||$5,220- $7,560||3-5|
|Chicago to Atlanta||782 miles||$2,879- $3,621||$5,687- $8,259||3-5|
|Boston to Athens||886 miles||$3,024- $3,809||$5,998- $8,724||3-5|
|Georgia to Denver||1599 miles||$3,756- $4,763||$7,556- $11,048||5-7|
|Arizona to Georgia||1808 miles||$4,063- $5,162||$8,207- $12,015||5-7|
|Savannah to LA||2149 miles||$4,432- $5,642||$9,002- $13,211||6-8|
|Portland to Atlanta||2174 miles||$4,434- $5,646||$9,008- $13,220||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Georgia? Your typical DIY long-distance moving story will look a little something like this. Days prior you’ll be packing up everything you own and getting a moving truck. On moving day, you’ll plead with everyone you know to help you load your household items onto a truck. The next day you might start driving but will have to stop and leave your truck in the parking lot of a hotel, filled with everything you own. Once you get to your destination maybe days later, you’ll have to unload most everything alone unless you have some friends or family on the other side. Then, you take the truck back. It’s an exhausting process.
How about just connecting with A1 Auto Transport to manage this entire process for you. In fact, once we set off on the road, you won’t have to think about it again until we meet you at the door of your next address. Our experienced teams located all over the country are ready to get you moved safely and securely. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Georgia Long Distance Movers
When you work with a moving company, you will want to do your research. You don’t want to end up losing all your worldly possessions due to theft or damage.
- The company’s reputation: You don’t want to hire some fly by night operation that isn’t going to take care of your things, or worse, disappear into the night with them, never to be heard from again. Check online at sites like Yelp and see what kind of reputation they have. Pay special attention to how problems were resolved.
- Years in business: How long has this company been in the moving business? Don’t hire a couple of guys who bought a used van and call themselves a moving company. Make sure you are working with experienced professionals.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure your company can legally operate across state lines if that is where you need to move.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires the company to insure your belongings for $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage up to the replacement cost of the items. Find out what your company offers.
- Additional services: You can get a whole host of optional services to help you with your move, including packing and unpacking, or automobile transport. Check what services the company offers, and how much extra they cost.
- Ease of contact: Ensure that you will be able to reach the company in the event of an emergency. Going with a company that has a local office can help.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Cheap Georgia movers
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Georgia Long Distance Movers?
The cost of your relocation services will largely depend on your specific needs. If you are moving across the country it will obviously cost more than moving a few streets down. The cost can be affected by the cost of fuel, the amount of stuff you are moving, how much it weighs, and even what time of year you are planning your move. Compare quotes by calling multiple companies for a free estimate.
Before Signing a Contract
- Any services you have requested should be listed clearly on the agreement with their accompanying costs.
- Ensure all addresses and phone numbers are correct.
- Find out how much insurance coverage your company is providing. Are they insuring the full amount of your belongings, or is it just the minimum required by law.
- Transport valuable items like jewelry yourself.
- Most moving companies keep an inventory sheet. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance may cover any damages. You should speak with an agent before moving day to find out.
International Moving Services in Georgia
If you’re going abroad for a few years, it’s important to get your belongings transferred without unnecessary damage. How you pack your items will likely make the biggest difference in this aspect. You can search for tutorials online and do it yourself, though it will be a very lengthy process. You can also ask our company to do it for you.
After everything is ready, our team can take care of the move. They’ll deal with customs, make sure your items are boarded on the ship safely, and ensure no problems of any kind occur.
If you’re going to move soon, we recommend you call today. This will help prevent scheduling problems and delays.
Georgia Cross Country Movers for Hire
Georgia Pack and Load Moving and Storage Inc.
1300 Northbrook Pkwy. #100
Suwanee, GA 30024
Georgia Peach Movers
4194 Northeast Expy.
Atlanta, GA 30340
Georgia Storage Facility Directory
Extra Space Storage
600 Virginia Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
CubeSmart Self Storage
1820 Marietta Blvd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.