Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Georgia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Best Georgia Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Whether you are moving next door from your home in Georgia or across the country, moving can be tough. There are utilities to shut off, medical records to transfer, school records to transfer, and that is all before you enough touch a single box. After that you have to actually pack up a truck or van and do the actual move. If you don’t load everything correctly, things could get damaged. You have to convince friends to help you lift heavy awkward things. There is no easy way to lift a king size mattress. If the thought of it makes you ill, you could consider hiring a moving company to help. Your belongings will meet you at your new home.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Choosing Your Georgia Long Distance Movers
When you work with a moving company, you will want to do your research. You don’t want to end up losing all your worldly possessions due to theft or damage.
- The company’s reputation: You don’t want to hire some fly by night operation that isn’t going to take care of your things, or worse, disappear into the night with them, never to be heard from again. Check online at sites like Yelp and see what kind of reputation they have. Pay special attention to how problems were resolved.
- Years in business: How long has this company been in the moving business? Don’t hire a couple of guys who bought a used van and call themselves a moving company. Make sure you are working with experienced professionals.
- DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure your company can legally operate across state lines if that is where you need to move.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires the company to insure your belongings for $0.60 per pound. Some companies will offer more coverage up to the replacement cost of the items. Find out what your company offers.
- Additional services: You can get a whole host of optional services to help you with your move, including packing and unpacking, or automobile transport. Check what services the company offers, and how much extra they cost.
- Ease of contact: Ensure that you will be able to reach the company in the event of an emergency. Going with a company that has a local office can help.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Cheap Georgia movers
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Georgia Long Distance Movers?
The cost of your relocation services will largely depend on your specific needs. If you are moving across the country it will obviously cost more than moving a few streets down. The cost can be affected by the cost of fuel, the amount of stuff you are moving, how much it weighs, and even what time of year you are planning your move. Compare quotes by calling multiple companies for a free estimate.
Before Signing a Contract
- Any services you have requested should be listed clearly on the agreement with their accompanying costs.
- Ensure all addresses and phone numbers are correct.
- Find out how much insurance coverage your company is providing. Are they insuring the full amount of your belongings, or is it just the minimum required by law.
- Transport valuable items like jewelry yourself.
- Most moving companies keep an inventory sheet. Ask for a copy for your records.
- Your homeowner’s insurance may cover any damages. You should speak with an agent before moving day to find out.
Georgia Cross Country Movers for Hire
Georgia Pack and Load Moving and Storage Inc.
1300 Northbrook Pkwy. #100
Suwanee, GA 30024
Georgia Peach Movers
4194 Northeast Expy.
Atlanta, GA 30340
Georgia Storage Facility Directory
600 Virginia Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
1820 Marietta Blvd. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
State to State Moving Services in Georgia
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Albany State University
- Armstrong State University
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Augusta University
- Bainbridge State College
- Clayton State University
- College Of Coastal Georgia
- College Park
- Columbus State University
- Dalton State College
- East Georgia State College
- East Point
- Forest Park
- Fort Oglethorpe
- Fort Valley
- Fort Valley State University
- Georgia College and State University
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Georgia Highlands College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia Southwestern State University
- Georgia State University
- Gordon State College
- Holly Springs
- Johns Creek
- Kennesaw State University
- Middle Georgia State University
- Peachtree City
- Powder Springs
- Richmond Hill
- Sandy Springs
- Savannah State University
- South Georgia State College
- St. Mary’s
- Sugar Hill
- Union City
- University of Georgia
- University Of North Georgia
- University Of West Georgia
- Valdosta State University
- Warner Robins