Georgetown Long Distance Moving Companies
Each year, millions of Americans move to new cities for varied reasons. Some move to join their spouses and children, while others move to look for better-paying jobs. With a move to Georgetown looming, hiring professionals will save you a lot of time and effort and help you transition comfortably. We are based in Kentucky and will go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your move. We also transport vehicles.
Tips for a painless move
- Don’t fold clothes on hangers. Instead slide them directly into trash bags and tie the hangers together so they won’t move. When you get to your new house, you’ll simply hang them back up.
- Any bottles containing liquids should be covered using plastic wrap to avoid seepage. It's also a good idea to pack them in plastic bags to keep them from damaging the other items.
- Use your suitcases to pack heavy items. The wheels and handle will make it easier to move them when loading and unloading.
- Inquire from your moving company the items they won’t move. For public safety, movers aren’t allowed to move explosives, flammables such as gasoline and corrosives such as acids. You may have to find alternative means of transporting them.
- Label each box as soon as you’re finished packing. Use a different color for each room and mark the boxes with the corresponding colors. You’ll easily tell where each box needs to go.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- You won’t need friends: As much as your friends love you, they know how complicated a move can and won’t be thrilled to help you. Spare them the stress by hiring a professional moving company. They are trained for this kind of job and will take care of your items as if they were their own. Plus, they are more qualified than any of your friends and will have you settled fast.
- Save time and effort: When moving, there never seems to be enough time. Juggling multiple tasks and planning the moving process can be overwhelming and may leave you stressed out. But with a professional moving company, they will help plan and execute your move giving you ample time to schedule for other tasks such as setting up your utilities.
- Experience: Professional movers relocate people on a daily basis. They have learned a couple of tricks that help them pack with efficiency, load and unload the items within a short time. What could’ve taken you weeks might take the movers a day or two.
- Liability: Most professional movers are insured. This means your belongings become insured the moment you hire them. They are accountable for any damage to your possessions and in case of an accident; you’ll be eligible for compensation.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find the best moving company
Search for your mover in the Better Business Bureau database. Customers file complaints against moving companies that didn’t deliver as expected. A reputable mover tries to resolve any moving concerns within the shortest time possible. Any company with numerous complaints should be avoided.
You can also read the online reviews of the company you intend to hire. Yelp provides quality rating services that may help you determine the performance of a moving company. Remember, not everyone can be satisfied with the services provided. So one or two negative reviews should not discourage you from considering a particular mover.
Confirm that the mover actually has a physical office from where they operate. Some movers operate shadow offices which makes it difficult to trace them in case of any problems. Consider visiting their offices to check out their equipment and how the staff answers your questions.
Get the estimates of several moving companies for comparison. Different movers offer different prices. A reputable mover will send their sales team to inspect your house before coming up with an accurate estimate. Avoid movers who only give estimates over the phone without sending a representative to assess your household items.
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage options
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Interstate moving
- International moves
- Packing supplies
- Pet transport
- Cheap Georgetown movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a licensed moving company trusted by thousands of people we have moved for over 25 years. Our mission is and always will be delivering high-quality services at affordable prices. The hard work and commitment of our team are geared towards helping you settle as quickly as possible. Trust A-1 Auto transport for efficient, reliable and convenient moving services.
Call our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 for details on the best moving solutions we have for you. Get free quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com