When you’re in need of a professional shipping company to transport your car, find one near your home in the U.S. Gather quotes from several auto transport companies.
Only contact the transporters for quotes after you create a list of the most reputable shipping companies. Make sure they possess positive characteristics that all professionals in the industry should have.
To calculate the cost of shipping your vehicle, you will need to provide the transporter with some information. They will need to know the vehicle’s make and model, along with other relevant details. Once they have all the details they needed, you’ll get a quote for auto shipping services.
Before hiring a transporter for shipping services, ask them some questions while you have their undivided attention. Asking questions is the easiest way to determine whether or not a shipping company is dependable enough to hire for your car’s delivery.
Ask These Questions While Calling for Quotes.
- Do you carry insurance coverage and what type of protection does that include?
- Are you familiar with handling the delivery process for the same type of vehicle?
- Are your employees trained to handle the transport of automobiles across state lines?
- What is the best method of transport for my car and what optional shipping services will make the process more convenient?
- Is your shipping equipment and haulers of high quality?
- Do you have all of the proper certificates and licenses to approve your company’s legitimacy?
- How long will it take to deliver my car to its destination?
It is always wise to write out a list of questions before making phone calls. This will help you stay on top of your questions as customer service kindly answers each one. Jot down notes and figure out which company you’d like to hire for your vehicle’s delivery. Then, schedule your transport immediately.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.