Gary Long Distance Moving Companies
If you’re preparing to move to your new home, the first decision you need to make is whether to hire a moving company or move on your own. The second option seems more realistic and cheap; however, you will be surprised at how fast things can get out of hand. If you want to save time and money, it’s wise to hire a professional moving company. A-1 Auto transport is an Indiana based moving company that promises to make your transition as smooth as possible. Let your move to Gary be less stressful by hiring us today. We offer a wide variety of unique moving services including vehicle transport.
Top tips for moving house
- Pack strategically. Start the packing process as soon as possible. Give yourself at least 6 weeks before moving day. Gather plenty of brand new boxes with firm edges that will keep your items intact. Also, make sure you get quality packing materials like sealing tape, bubble wrap and packing paper.
- Clean your stuff as you pack. Wiping off the dust from furniture and bookshelves will ease your work when arranging them at your new house. Clean your rooms as soon as you’re finished packing so that come moving day, you don’t have any task left pending.
- Defrost your fridge before moving out. This will prevent melting ice from leaking while the fridge is being moved. Disconnect your refrigerator at least 24 hours before moving and wipe any liquids. Leave the doors open to ensure it completely dries out.
- Get in touch with your utility companies and organize a day when the services will be shut down at your current house and transferred to your new home. This way, you’ll avoid paying bills for services you no longer use.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Professionalism: When you hire a professional moving company, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your belongings. They are highly trained with techniques to pack, load and unload your items without breaking them. Their trucks are custom-built to offer protection for your items while in transit.
- Reliability: Imagine the frustration when your friends fail to show up on moving day. You won’t be able to carry out your move as planned. However, when you approach a moving company, you sign a contract that’s binding. You can rest assured that they’ll show up at your doorstep very early in the morning to commence the moving process.
- Insurance: Professional movers are fully insured hence you don’t have to worry about losing your items. They take responsibility for your belongings and in case of an accident, you’ll be reimbursed either partially or fully depending on the policy you took.
- Storage options: If you move into a smaller apartment that won’t fit your stuff, you’ll need a safe place to store them. A professional moving company has secure storage facilities to keep your items until you get an ideal house. Your items are locked in vault-like structures that are climate controlled to maintain the condition of your items.
How to find the best moving company
Licensing. A reputable moving company must comply with the government’s safety regulations to protect you from unnecessary risks. Licensed movers are easy to track in case of any issues since their information is contained in the FMCSA database. If it’s an out-of-state move, make sure they have a USDOT Number. Movers within the state of Indiana need to have permits from the Department of Revenue.
Do online research and shortlist a few companies that you are interested in. Look for a company that covers a wide geographical area, offers reasonable rates and provides services that will suit you.
Visit reputable sites like Yelp and mymovingreviews.com to read the comments of other customers. People who have moved in the past are more than willing to share their experience with moving companies. The reviews will help you determine which company to hire.
- Vehicle transport
- Military moving
- Interstate moving
- Long distance moving
- Commercial moving
- Corporate moving
- Pet transport
- Packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Packing and unpacking
- Cheap Gary movers
Why hire us?
Our services are first-class and come at pocket-friendly prices. We screen our employees before hiring them to ensure they don’t have criminal backgrounds. Every move comes with different challenges; that’s why we have designed moving solutions to suit the needs of every client. As a top rated moving company across the country, you can trust A-1 Auto Transport to make your move worthwhile.
Talk to us
Book your date now. Get in touch with our customer experts on 888-509-3213 to get exclusive details on our range of services. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.