Garden City Long Distance Moving Companies
Garden City in Wayne County is among the cities that make up Metro Detroit, Michigan. The city’s population works in the nearby urbanized cities of Dearborn, Ann Arbor and Detroit. Garden city is relatively calm with most residents leaving in the morning and only retiring to their homes in the evening. People move for various reasons such as jobs, love or health factors. You need an experienced mover who has all the required permits and insurance to make your move safe and stress free. A-1 Auto Transport is among the earliest movers still working in Wayne County. Over 2 decades of experience and advanced equipment ensure A-1 Auto Transport has superb moving and auto transport services. The Parks in Garden City have facilities for outdoor barbeques, playgrounds and movie screening.
Why you should hire a moving company
- You have limited time: Let’s say you have been transferred to a new location and you need to report over the weekend. This is almost impossible due to the logistics involved and the little time available. Local moving companies come in handy since they can assemble a team and handle your move in a few days. They can make a fragmented move by first moving utilities and several important items. As soon as you settle, they can deliver the rest. They work quickly and use real-time satellite tracking to avoid congested routes and extreme weather.
- Multiple items: If you own numerous items, moving companies are your best bet. Creating an inventory for all the items is stressful. You can lose track of some items or you can damage several items due to the huge workload. Moving companies have sufficient personnel who safely pack and load all the items. They have a solid inventory which ensures nothing gets misplaced. They pack your items strategically which reduces the time required to unpack and arrange your house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to pick a reliable mover
Check the Michigan Movers Association to find the best intrastate moving companies. They deal with over 100 movers operating within the state of Michigan. They are all subjected to strict performance and ethics tests before being registered. Any mover who falls out of line is expelled. The association has a brochure where they list all the customer responsibilities and the movers conduct. They also have an effective page where you can channel your grievances.
The Michigan Department of Transport licenses all movers’ operating within the state. If the mover has pending violations or a poor safety rating, they have their licenses cancelled. They require all movers to cover the customer’s items when moving and in transit.
Check the reliability of movers at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. They regulate the movers’ conduct when engaging with customers. Verify the company’s experience, resources, insurance and household items license by keying in the USDOT number. They are the first stop in case you have been swindled by a moving company.
Tips for a smooth move
Hire a relevant moving company and set a convenient moving date. Scale down your move by selling or donating items you haven’t used for long. Moving such items will increase the moving charge and use more time when packing. Ensure the company conducts a walk-through at least a month in advance.
Set a budget to keep your expenses in check. Enlist friends to help with your move and inform your neighbours in advance. Cancel deliveries and subscriptions before they are renewed. Change your lease agreement and switch your address at USPS.
Smartly pack items by bundling them according to their use. Items which serve the same purpose should be packed in similar boxes and labeled along the sides. Pad the inner sides of boxes and tape them on the outside. Do not leave spaces in the boxes to avoid damage in a huge stack.
On moving day
Establish you are 80% ready before the personnel arrive. Make the movers’ work easier by:
- Placing packed items close to exits.
- Reserving a parking spot and elevator use.
- Being available in case they need your assistance.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our hands on approach ensures we deliver quality services. We value our customers and have digitized our communication platform to ensure we engage them satisfactorily. Check out our 5 star rating by Moverreviews.com.
Our moving services
- Apartment relocations
- College moves
- Office moves
- Pet transport
- Auto transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Military moves
Contact us now
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com