Galesburg Long Distance Moving Companies
Feeling stuck? Moving to a different place can make you feel alive again. The safest and proven way of achieving your moving goals is by hiring a reputable moving company to take care of your moving needs. We are based in Illinois and promise to offer the best moving solutions to help you move fast and efficiently. Our services are unique and include vehicle transportation and full-service pack. Let your move to Galesburg be handled by professionals by hiring us today.
Smart moving tips
- Get rid of the household items you don’t use. Outfits that are no longer your favorite or furniture that has been in store for months need to be sold or donated to give you room for necessary household items. This will save you space and money.
- Use small boxes to pack heavy items. It’s easier to carry four boxes weighing below 20kgs than carry one large hefty box.
- Pack your necessities in a separate clear bag that’s easy to identify. Place the box where it's easily accessible so that you can get any of your essentials without a problem. Things to pack include toiletries, a change of clothes, a few utensils, snacks, and bedsheets among others.
- To avoid wasting good food, stop purchasing groceries at least a week before moving. In case you still have food in your kitchen on moving day, you may donate to Move for Hunger instead of throwing it away.
- Label your boxes as soon as you finish packing. Indicate the rooms where each box belongs to and what’s inside. This will help you and your movers unload fast. You’ll also have an easy time unpacking since every box will be exactly where you want it.
- Defrost and clean your fridge at least one day before moving out. Make sure you dry out any liquids and leave the doors open to get rid of any foul smell.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Safety: A professional moving company trains its crew to properly handle household items including the heavy and delicate ones. They have the techniques to pack without posing a physical risk to anyone involved in the move. Since they have been doing this for a long time, they know the tricks to pack fast and safely load and unload your items.
- Affordability: When you move on your own, you’re bound to incur expenses you hadn’t anticipated. When you factor in hiring a truck, paying people to help you load, gas, and insurance for the truck, hiring a professional mover is ultimately a cheaper option.
Ways of finding a reliable moving company
You want to hire a moving company that offers packing services for special items like the piano and sculptures. Make sure they can comfortably handle your expensive household items and have the right trucks to transport your items safely.
Ask for recommendations from family members, neighbors or friends. If you are lucky to get a moving company from the suggestions of people you trust, you’ll save a lot of time and effort.
Consider hiring a BBB Accredited moving company. The bureau gives credibility to companies that consistently provide outstanding moving services to clients and promptly addresses any concerns a consumer might have.
Only hire a fully registered and licensed moving company. You can verify their credentials with the FMCSA. If it’s an out-of-state move, make sure the company has a USDOT Number. Movers operating within the state’s borders must have proper licensing from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Before you consider hiring a moving company, make sure they have contact information and a physical facility where they operate from. Additionally, they must have their brand names clearly marked on their trucks and vans. This makes it easy to track them in case of any misdeeds.
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Local and international moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Pet transport
- Cheap Galesburg movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been helping people move nationally and worldwide for over 25 years, and we take pride in our dedicated staff that makes every move successful. Our commitment has given us an edge over other companies making us the premier mover in Illinois. The safety of your household items is guaranteed by the highly trained and qualified experts A-1 Auto Transport is a company you can trust.
Get free estimates!
Call us now on 888-509-3213, and it’ll be an honor to serve you. Get free instant quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.