Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Full Service Movers Cost
Millions of Americans move every year. While some choose to do the move themselves, others are happy to hire a full service moving company to help them get the job done.
If you are ready to move, you’ve probably asked yourself, “How much do full service movers cost?”
The truth is, they don’t actually cost that much when you consider how much they actually do when it comes to helping you complete your move.
In this article, we are going to explain how much full service movers cost and everything you should expect when hiring one of these companies. Some of these things include:
- A real life scenario where someone needs to hire a full service mover
- The types of services offered by full service movers
- Any extra services offered by full service moving companies
- What costs you should expect to incur if you hire one of these companies
- Several reasons why full service movers are the right choice for you
- The types of moves offered by moving companies (local, in and out of state, and beyond)
Let’s look at a real life example of how this works…
Bob has never moved before. He is not sure what the moving process entails. All Bob knows is that he wants to move quickly and successfully. He is facing a strict deadline as he has only a few days left on his lease and his new job starts next week. Bob knows he needs professional moving help. He fires up Google and starts researching full service moving companies. It doesn’t take long for him to create a shortlist of companies that he wants to work with. He picks up his phone and starts making some calls and manages to find a company that is right for him.
Full service moving is just what it sounds like. If you purchase a full service moving package, you will receive a great shipping experience. The shippers are involved in every step the shipping process. There is no guesswork to complete and the process is as stress-free as it can be because everything is taken care of.
Full Service Moving Services
Full service movers cover the entire moving process for you, making it very simple. There are a number of services that you can ask for.
Here are some of the following that most professional full service movers will make available to you:
- Visual inspection – movers will make a preliminary inspection of the belongings that you want to move. They will make sure that the belongings are in good condition and can be feasibly moved by the moving company. For example, if you have a limited amount of cargo truck space, you may not be able to move all of your goods in one trip. It may take 2 or 3 trips. A visual inspection will uncover this, and other issues that can be prevented.
- Preliminary risk assessment – a risk assessment is a great idea. You will be notified if any of your belongings are risky to move. Professional movers will take notice of the items that are risky to move, and will move them carefully. For instance, if you want to move a glass table, it may be moved separately to avoid having the glass shatter during transport. A preliminary risk assessment is also good for movers to plan out the moving process. If a large LCD television screen needs to be moved, it will be handled with fragility and care.
- Packing services – packing is not as simple as it seems. There is a lot of thought and knowledge that needs to be placed on packing belongings well. If an item is not packed well, it can be irreversibly damaged during the moving process. Professional movers offer packing services, which can help you, especially if you have never moved before.
- Item assembly and disassembly – professional movers spend every day moving. It can be difficult to disassemble and reassemble items like large furniture, large electronics, and the like. If you are unsure of how to disassemble your belongings without damaging them, use professional packers and movers.
- Moving vehicle services – knowing which moving vehicle to hire is a task in and of itself. Without knowing how difficult the move will be, how long it will take, and more, it is daunting to rent a vehicle. You need a vehicle with the proper capacity and size to move your stuff. Professional full service movers can help you with this.
- The actual moving process – this refers to the many tasks that people think of when they think of moving. Loading boxes into trucks, driving those trucks to a new destination, and unloading boxes, takes a lot of work. You really need to have a good grasp of logistics if you want the moving process to be successful. This is where professional movers really shine.
- Cleanup – unpacking your items, disposing of the moving boxes, and disposing of any garbage is one of the last tasks to be done, but also one of the most important to fulfill. Professional movers can cleanup all the clutter very quickly, allowing you to rest after a long moving process. Doing this yourself will take a long time, and it is tiring, especially if you have never moved before.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Extra Moving Services That May be Available to You
Some moving companies will even offer additional services beyond what most companies offer. This will depend on the moving company you hire. Keep in mind, some companies will offer these services and some companies will not.
- Storage services – you may want to host your belongings in a storage space before moving your belongings into your new home.
- Electronics moving – special care can be taken to move your electronics, especially since electronics are very fragile and can be irreversibly damaged very easily.
- Cleaning services – you may be able to hire a cleaner to clean your old home after you move to appease your landlord or real estate agent.
- Junk removal – sometimes you have leftover junk that you just want to get moved. A junk removal service will help you dispose of unwanted waste, furniture, and anything that you want removed from your property.
How to Determine the Costs of Full Service Moving
Price is important when it comes to finding the right full service movers. Some people prefer to pay as little as possible, while others are more willing to pay for quality.
As industry veterans, we always recommend that people pay for the level of quality that they are comfortable with. A company that provides a low quality service will frustrate you and cost you more than it’s worth.
There are several factors of full service moving you will need to consider:
- The cost of the moving process
- The labor costs of professional movers
- The additional costs for extra services
Once you add up all of these costs, you will have the necessary knowledge to hire a good moving service for your predetermined budget.
Here’s another tip.
Don’t agree to work with the first company you contact. Shop that quote around as much as possible to get the best price possible. The moving industry is really competitive and most of these companies are willing to budge on price if you are being reasonable. Use this to your advantage to get the best price possible.
Contact a bunch of moving companies that can provide the services you need, and consider each package that you are offered.
Why Hire Full Service Movers?
There are many reasons why people hire full service movers. If anything, these clients recognize the value that movers provide, and are willing to pay for this expertise.
- You may want a moving process that is quick and efficient. Professional movers cut down the time required to move because they are familiar with best moving practices, proper packing and furniture moving techniques, and so much more.
- You may want to lessen the physical burden of moving. Moving 20 pieces of heavy furniture is not a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. You and your friends will love you if you just outsource the job to a moving company. Professional movers are great at moving stuff for you.
- You may want a safe moving process. Professional movers use safe “best practices” to move your stuff safely and complimentary insurance is usually provided with each move, guaranteeing the safety of your items.
- You may want your items to be insured. Moving companies provide basic insurance coverage for your belongings. You also have the option to purchase additional insurance if you want it.
- You may want a stress-free moving process. Professional movers lower the stress of moving because they have decades of experience and knowledge moving items for thousands of clients.
Can Full Service Movers Help Me Move Out of State?
Yes, moving companies can help you out, no matter how far you want to move. Whether you want to move across town, or even internationally, professional movers can help you. The need for a professional moving service is not dependent on location.
When you move, you move. The moving process is important to get right, no matter how far you go. The main differences between moving locally and internationally is the price and the timing.
Just remember one thing.
A domestic move is always easier than an international one. If you are planning to move to another country, the need for a full service moving company is even direr. When it comes to moving internationally, you have to deal with U.S. Customs and the import and export process.
This means you have to deal with things like:
- Piles of paperwork
- Classification codes
- Denied party lists
- The threat of jail time for violating even the most basic trade laws
An experienced full service international moving company will help you make sense of the tricky import-export process, saving you from making costly mistakes that can result in hefty fines and jail time. The idea of going to jail for moving may seem funny, but simple things like improperly classifying a civilian item that has military applications can run you into a lot of trouble with the U.S. government.
Who Benefits from Hiring Full Service Movers?
There are many reasons why you should consider hiring a full serving moving company. Some of the most common demographics include:
- Busy people who don’t want to take care of the move themselves
- People facing tight deadlines
- People moving valuable items – value can be both sentimental and monetary
- People who have never moved before and have no interest in trying it out
- People whose moving costs are covered by a third-party
The Easy Answer
Hiring full service movers does not have to be expensive. It can actually be very affordable, especially if doing so frees up more time for you.
The shorter the moving process, the sooner you can return to work and a normal life. When it comes to moving, do your research. Find out which moving services you are interested in, contact various moving companies near you, and negotiate for a good rate by shopping your quotes around.
There are a lot of benefits when hiring full service movers. A-1 Auto Transport has been offering full service moving packages for over a decade and we know a thing or two about moving.
We offer a high quality service at an unbeatable price. Don’t believe us? Shop our quote because we know that we offer amazing prices.
Give us a call today if you want to simplify your moving process and take advantage of our wide variety of services.