Freeport Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving is done for various reasons; you might want a fresh start, affordable housing or employment. No matter the reason, it is recommended that you use moving companies. They are experienced and professionally trained to make your move smooth and swift. The village of Freeport is located in Nassau County, the state of New York. It is probably the coolest summer destination in the state. It attracts hundreds of visitors from neighboring states who want to experience the huge festivals and cuisines served each summer. Freeport also neighbors the city of Long Island which is famous for hip-hop music and theatre performances. If you wish to move to Freeport, talk to professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport. We also provide vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a moving company?
- Safety: Moving companies will safely pack delicate, bulky and other numerous items. They also use well-built and trained personnel to load your equipment. This ensures there are no accidents that will bring about additional moving expenses. Moving companies also have dollies and ramps used to safely load heavy items such as L-couches and king size beds.
- Reliability: Moving companies are dependable. They are professionals who work with an agreement and are regulated by the bill of lading which ensures they show up and provide quality services. They are also in the moving industry for business. This ensures they have to be dependable so as to earn the customers trust and secure more business. When conducting a self-move, in case your friends fail to show up, you are forced to seek other means of labor which is expensive and time-consuming.
- Bulky items: Heavy items are challenging to move. Moving companies handle different bulky items on a regular basis. They have well-built and adequate personnel to lift and load the heavy items in the moving vehicle. They also have forklifts and vacuum lifting machines which can safely lift very heavy items with ease.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to find the best mover in Freeport
Understand your type of move. Get the ‘Your rights and responsibilities when you move’ booklet from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. It educates the public about moving and how to make their move efficient.
Get a list of reliable moving companies from the American Movers and Storage Association. They have a list of over 3,500 movers who offer different types of services. All members have successfully undergone the Promover programme which ensures they provide quality services. Dealing with registered companies also ensures you are protected in case of disagreements. A-1 Auto Transport is an AMSA member.
Verify the company’s licenses and insurance from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The association has been authorized by the United States Department of Transport to regulate moving companies in the country to prevent and reduce the number of road accidents.
Choose a moving company that has favourable reviews and rating from previous customers. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport have several 5-star ratings from their customer testimonials page and the Better Business Bureau customer reviews page.
Practical tips to simplify your move
- Plan your move in advance. Hire a reliable moving company and schedule a convenient moving date.
- Create a moving plan. Assign all moving activities a sufficient timeline to ensure your activities are completed efficiently and swiftly. The more time you have for preparing and handling your move, the higher the chances it will be easy.
- Acquire adequate packing material weeks in advance. Ensure you have corrugated boxes, tapes and markers.
- Scale down your move. Purging items that you no longer need ensures you keep your budget lean. It also helps in making the move go faster since you have fewer items to handle.
- Ask friends to help with your move a month beforehand. This ensures they plan their schedule appropriately to avoid inconveniencing them the last minute.
- Say your goodbyes to the neighbors and invite them for a housewarming after you settle in your new premises.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
Among our principles, sustainability ensures we adhere to the Environmental Protection Agency’s Smart Way Programme. This is confirmed by our efficient energy consumption and low emissions. We also have 25 years of moving and auto transport experience.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Auto transport
- Storage services
- Office moves
- Senior moves
Try us out
We would like to hear from you. Find us at A-1 Auto Transport or call us on 1-888-509-3213 for faster services. Fill out the form at the top of our page for discounts you do not want to miss.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.