Fort Wayne Long Distance Moving Companies
Sometimes known as the ‘City of Churches,’ Fort Wayne is home to some of the most attractive works of art. There are over 300 hundred churches in the city. It boasts of many architectural buildings dating back to the 19th century. When planning a move, you want to make sure it flows as smoothly as possible. The one proven way is to hire a professional moving company based in Indiana. A-1 Auto Transport has all the resources to give you an experience like no other. With our team of professionals, you can trust us to deliver your belongings within the stipulated timeframe. We also transport vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Sort your items. There’s no point moving with household items that you don’t use anymore. Sort through your stuff to determine what’s worth taking with you and what can be sold or donated. This will minimize your load hence reducing the moving cost.
- Get in touch with your mover to give them as much information as possible of what they should expect. If you have items that need special attention, let them know so that they can prepare.
- If you have china, use soft towels and bubble wrap to wrap the plates before packing them vertically. There are also plastic plates that you can place in-between the glassware to protect them from breaking.
- If you have young kids, find someone who can stay with them on moving day. Kids can be a distraction for the movers. You also don’t want to divide your attention when you have a lot of responsibilities to take care of.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Inventory: Imagine having to write down every item you own. It’s a lot of work that can give you headaches. But this is the area of expertise of a professional mover. They have specialists who will inventory your items to make it easy to account for any loss. The list will also help them give you accurate estimates.
- Affordability: If you decide to move on your own, you are likely to make some mistakes which will cost you. Since you are not experienced, you’ll incur hidden charges you had not planned for. But with professional movers, they base their calculations on facts such as the weight of your load and the distance of your location. They take everything into account, and you only pay a fixed bill.
- Safety: Whenever a move comes up, the safety of your belongings should always come first. While your friends might be willing to help you relocate, they don’t have the skills to handle your items as professionals do. Movers use the right tools to pack and load your household items making sure they are delivered without a scratch.
Ways of finding a reliable mover
Consider hiring a local mover. Learning more about them is much easier since you can visit their facility and have a firsthand look at the type of equipment they use and determine if their staff is professional.
Go for moving companies with a clean track record. A company can only have a successful track record by consistently upholding professional business practices. Check for a company’s performance history with the Better Business Bureau.
Angie’s List is a good source if you’re looking for a trustworthy mover. To comment, you have to be a paying subscriber hence most of the comments are genuine. However, when selecting a moving company don’t make a decision based solely on what people are saying. You can’t trust everything you read online.
For your safety and that of your items, make sure you’re only dealing with a company registered and licensed by the FMCSA. If it’s an out-of-state move, ask to see their USDOT Number so that you can check if it's valid.
Our moving services
- International moving
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Door to door moving
- College moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- Furniture relocation
- Packing supplies
- Cheap Fort Wayne movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our services are unique and designed to meet the specific needs of an individual. Every move comes with a different challenge, and we can assure you that we are ready for any obstacles we may encounter along the way. Our reputation precedes us thanks to the hard work and commitment of our highly qualified staff. You can always rely on the services of A-1 Auto Transport for safe, fast, and secure deliveries.
Booking your date is one call away. Simply dial 888-509-3213, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.