Safe And Reliable Foley Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Nowadays, purchasing a motorcycle has been made simpler with the great advancement in technology. You only require a PC, reliable internet, and bank details to complete the transactions. Now, you are wondering how to have your new possession delivered to your home. No one wants to lose their bike to clumsy shippers.
Working with a dependable motorcycle shipping service will be the most ideal decision. You should look for only reputable and safe motorcycle haulers like A-1 Auto Transport. Our competent shippers transport thousands of bikes in the US and hundreds of them to and from Foley. Moreover, our international bike shippers are on standby to help you ship the bike into the country if you buy your motorbike overseas.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
For any motorcycle owner seeking transportation services in Alabama, A-1 Auto Transport has a couple of shipping methods available. Besides offering an array of hauling options, we complete all the procedures of clearing and forwarding at the customs.
- Containerization – there is no other method as safe as this. Nothing can damage a bike secured in a metal container. If you have a high-priced possession, consider using this method.
- Palleted method – this is yet another very safe method to use. The motorcycle is placed in a wooden box and dropped off to the delivery location.
- Closed truck method – one of our most secure methods on our list, enclosed shipping, is also highly priced. However, who wouldn’t fork off a few more thousands to guarantee the safest shipping for their most priced assets.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Preparation of your motorcycle for shipment is required so as to keep it safe from harm while in transit and also to avoid any injuries caused to the team that will handle it while it is being shipped. It helps in accelerating the shipping process or preventing delays as well as preventing penalties. The following are the activities that will be undertaken in the preparation of your motorcycle for shipping:
- Washing your motorcycle so as to remove all dirt and debris.
- Removing the motorcycle accessories or loose parts.
- Disabling the alarm system.
- Checking the tire pressure and the fluid levels. Inflating the tires where necessary.
- Checking the engine.
- Ensuring that the gas level in the fuel tank does not exceed ¼ of the tank capacity.
- Get some professionals to do maintenance on your bike.
- Inspecting your bike for any damages/marks. Taking notes of the same and photos of the bike’s pre-shipment condition.
In case you will be shipping using the crated shipping option, you will have to disconnect the battery and drain the fluids. Also, some shippers may request that you remove protruding parts such as the handlebars.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Undoubtedly, majority of people gets a tad worried when shipping a pricey asset like a Harley Davidson machine. When searching for a motorcycle transporting company one should conduct a thorough study. Questioning the shippers can help in making wiser choices on the most suitable shipper.
- Check motorcycle shipper registration details. They should be registered in accordance to the Department of Transportation guidelines. Ask for the DOT number and documents proving authorization to conduct business.
- Check whether the motorbike carriers offer insurance coverage when the bike is in transit. Also, ask about what is covered should the bike incur damages before delivery.
- Look at the online reviews. Customers will always leave truthful information about their experience with the shipper. If there are so many negative ratings and reviews online, avoid the shipper. Positive reviews denote quality service.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
Several dealers and manufacturers like Kawasaki, Yamaha, and KTM prefer using our services. Here are some reasons why.
- Many years of experience. We have over 2 decades solid trust with many manufacturers and individuals.
- Skilled drivers who have undergone rigorous training.
- We maintain a high level of uprightness and communication with clienteles. We always provide accurate particulars upon demand.
- Comprehensive insurance that protects your motorbike against theft, accidents, and damage. We do the follow up with the insurance provided until you receive equitable payment.
- We always stress on attention to detail, skill, honesty and caution.
Our Foley motorcycle shipping services
- Inland shipping.
- Air freight shipping
- Complete dock receipt and detailed inspection
- Optional palleting.
- Processing paperwork and documentation at the customs.
- 24/7 online tracking.
Talk to us!
Give us a call today at 1-800-452-2880 so that we can offer you free quotes and take you through the process from pick up to delivery.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.