Florissant Long Distance Moving Companies
In the suburbs of St Louis, Missouri the city of Florissant presents equal opportunities for visitors and residents alike. It is the thirteenth largest city in the state with over 50,000 residents. The city is renowned for pristine sights of the Missouri River, wetlands and wildlife. Move with A-1 Auto Transport, the most advanced moving company in St Louis County. We also provide vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a professional mover?
- Coordination: Coordination is paramount for a move to pan out well. The movers have roles assigned to them and each is executed within time. Moving companies have an able management structure that monitors all activities to ensure they adhere to the set plan.
- Professional inventory: Moving companies take stock of all items you want moved when conducting a walk-through. They list the items and draw out a plan on the move to follow. This ensures they don’t forget any items or misplace some along the way. They pack the items in quality boxes and label them along the sides. The company then tracks the load in transit using real-time satellite technology.
- Straight-forward estimates: Moving companies provide their customers with clear estimates before conducting the move. They account for all your items, circumstances that may crop up and any miscellaneous expenditure. This ensures there are no surprises when moving. When conducting a self-move, most people do not account for hidden costs like fuel and permits which results in additional expenses that stretch your budget.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a reliable mover in Florissant
Use professional moving associations to find a list of reliable moving companies. The American Movers and Storage Association is the most renowned and trusted moving association in the country. They have a list of over 3,500 companies operating within and across states. They train moving companies and monitor their activities to ensure they operate according to the set rules and regulations.
Check customer review websites for ratings on moving companies. Past customers narrate their experiences at the hands of moving companies on sites like Yelp. They give information about the company’s quality of services and customer handling. The best companies are rated above 4 stars and have little/no consumer complaints.
Contact several companies and ask them for their USDOT number. Run it on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to check the company’s service history and compliance with government laws. All companies should possess:
- A registration certificate.
- Base level insurance set at 60 cents a pound.
- A household items moving license renewable after every two years.
- Little/no pending violations.
- A permanent physical address.
Ask for in-house estimates from at least three reliable companies and compare their rates and services. Choose the company with most services at affordable rates and a fixed delivery window.
Read the company’s moving contract and understand all the clauses before signing the agreement. Determine who is liable for any damages and the consequences for one party failing to adhere to the agreement. You can also consult a professional if you do not understand any chapter in the contract.
Make your move effortless in five simple steps
- Move with a steadfast moving company in the off-season. During the months of October to March there are fewer people moving which results to reduced charges and timely deliveries.
- Scale down your move by purging items you no longer use. These items use up unnecessary space and increase the moving cost. Donating them to a charity like Goodwill makes you feel better and you can use the receipts for tax relief.
- Pack your items in a smart manner. Use the same color of boxes to pack items from a single room. Fill the boxes to the top and label them along the sides.
- Create an inventory for all packed items and make sure it aligns with the company’s.
- Sweep the house for a final check and confirm no item has been left behind.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport’s services?
We are compliant with all the state and federal government requirements. Our experience goes beyond 25 years and this is assurance of quality service. We analyze our services after each move to ensure we improve with every move.
Our moving services
- Affordable state to state moves
- Apartment relocations
- Military moves
- Senior moves
- Local moves
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Furniture moves
- Full-service moves
Try us today
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org