Finland Immigration Advice

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Deliver Your Household Stress Free

Compare our rates to or from: 🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

  • Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
  • Licensed, Bonded and Insured Carriers Near You
  • Award Winning Service, Always on Time

Get instant quotes using our form, or call:

House Moving Quote Calculator

The act of moving to another country is one that you will need to dedicate your time and efforts to. The immigration laws held by a foreign nation are all different from one another so the first thing you must do is become acquainted with these laws and their restrictions. The best way to go about seeking immigration permissions and guidance is by hiring a migration agent. They will help you fulfill your obligations, apply for the proper visas and permits, and offer their expertise and assistance wherever they can in the process of your relocation.

The hardest part of immigration is applying for the right citizenship rights, permits and visas. If you do not apply for the right permissions into the country, you may become exempt or find that the process of earning the proper residency permissions takes longer than it should. As stated above, a migration agent will help tremendously. Nevertheless, you can always call the Embassy of Finland for more information. You can also learn more by reading the information below.

Information Regarding the Different Types of Citizenships, Permits and Visas for Finland

To enter the nation of Finland, you can do so with a passport as long as you intend on leaving before or after the 90 day period that is allotted under this type of entrance. Once you find work or if you are breaching the time allotted, you will need to apply for residency according to your circumstances. You are also not permitted to buy or rent housing until residency is issued.

Brief Descriptions for Each of Finland’s Visas

The visas for Finland that are listed below do not include the visas available to students, study and other specific circumstances.

A single-entry visa- is issued for one journey during which you can stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period.

A double-entry visa- allows entry to the Schengen area twice for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period.

Multiple-entry visa- is granted for several visits to the Schengen area. The total duration of the stay is the number of days stated on the visa, however being a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period.

Airport transit visas- are needed by citizens of certain countries when they are transferring flights between the international parts of the airports without entering the country in question.

To apply for a visa you will need the following:

-  Visa application (available only for the Consulate submission)

-  Photo (max. 6 months old) attached

-  Passport and a passport copy

-  Green Card/ US visa and a copy

-  Employer letter or school letter

-  Hotel reservation and/or invitation letter

-  Flight reservation

-  Bank statements (3 months)

- Travel insurance on 1 page:

o  Name

o  Validity = time of journey

o  Schengen / EU / Worldwide

o  40,000 usd, non-deductible

- Medical

- Hospitalization

- Repatriation

-  Prepaid FedEx/DHL/UPS envelope

-  Fee

Finland Residence Permit and What It Entails

A residence permit may be granted to those moving with family in Finland, employment or studies, which are of Finnish descent, return migration, on humanitarian grounds or for other exceptional reasons. Those who have earned a residence permit may live and travel in Finland and leave the country and come back during the validity of the residence permit. For those who have a worker’s residence permit, they’re able to seek employment in the nation.

There are several types of residence permits including worker’s, fixed term, long term, short stay and student residence permits. Not all of them allow you to continue living and working in Finland so make sure you obtain the correct permit. Here is what you will need when you go to apply for a permit:

  • Photo (max. 6 months old)
  • Supporting documents
  • Prepaid FedEx/DHL/UPS envelope
  • Fee

Of course, you’ll also likely need most of the same documentation and forms of proof that you do to obtain a visa in Finland. You will also need to show up to apply for the residence permit in person. If you file for residency online, you may be asked to make an appearance with the VFS Global Center.

Joe Webster
Written By:Joe Webster
Connect with Joe Webster on facebookConnect with Joe Webster on linkedin

Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing. 

After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood. 

With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Our Services and Information

Car International Destinations
Ship Car To Espoo

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Finland

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Helsinki

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Hämeenlinna

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Joensuu

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Jyvaskyla

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Kouvola

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Kuopio

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Lahti

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Lappeenranta

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Oulu

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Pori

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Sillamae

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Tallinn

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Tampere

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Turku

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Vaasa

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Ship Car To Vantaa

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Car International FAQ

Import Vehicles Into the USA

International Moving FAQ

Moving Destinations
Family Relocation to Finland

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

Moving Guide
Moving To Finland

🇫🇮 Finland, (FI)

A-1 Auto Transport Serves the World

We ship to locations in all 50 states and countries across the world.

Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto Today
Get an Instant Quote

Or Call Us Today and Speak to Directly to Our Sales Team:

Our Partners:

Better Business Bureau Accredited
FMCSA Member
INC. 500 Member
VeriSign Secured
AMSA Member

A-1 Auto Transport is a disclosed agent for the following shipping companies:

Trans Global Auto Logistics, Inc.
3401 E Randol Mill Rd
Arlington, TX 76011
NO. 018191NF
CFR Rinkens
15501 Texaco Avenue
Paramount, CA 90723
NO. 013055NF
ABC Worldwide LLC
2840 NW 2nd Ave #105
Boca Raton, FL 33431
NO. 025472F
CSI Logistics
435 Division Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
FMC 22206
Intl Cargo
45 Campus drive
Edison, NJ 08837
NO. 17858N
ShipYourCarNow LLC
1160 South Rogers Circle Suite 1
Boca Raton, FL 33487
NO. 025646
Merco Air & Ocean Cargo, Inc.
6 Fir Way
Cooper City, FL 33026
NO. 021869F
Copyright © 1988-2020, A-1 Auto Transport - All Rights Reserved.