How to Find Your Next Home: Buying or Building?
Few things in life compare to owning a home. The day you finally say good bye to the landlord and enter into the world of independence and home ownership will be the happiest day of your life. The question however is, should you buy or build your home?
Building a house entails a plethora of steps including buying land, plans, getting approvals from the county office, getting materials and sourcing professionals to build the house. Most people think that building a house is expensive but you will be amazed at how much you can save on discounts and alternative building technology.
Advantages of building
- Design control. You get to build the house of your dreams from scratch and make everything the way you want instead of settling for someone else’s plan.
- Even if you had the house inspected, you will still find things that need repairs, remodeling and tweaking here and there. With a new house, everything is new and according to your plan so you don’t need to change anything.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- There is a lot that goes into building a house and you need at least six months to see anything concrete.
- During the time that the house is being built, you have to find temporary housing or rent which will cost a lot of money.
- You need to personally supervise the construction from beginning to end otherwise things may not go according to plan.
Buying a house is much easier than building because you just need to shop around, pick one house and make an offer. Even though you need to get a home inspection, view the house and negotiate with lenders and the seller, this process is still easier and faster than building.
Advantages of buying a house
- You can move in immediately after paying.
- There is no speculation or imagination of how the house will look like; what you see is what you get.
- Little aspects are known because you have already seen the house and the neighborhood.
- You have to settle for the existing plan because there is not much you can to change it.
- There are likely to be repairs that you need to make and even some remodeling to make the house fully yours.
- You will be paying more insurance premiums.
- In some cases, you can buy a bad house because it was so well decorated that the weak points were hidden.
Is it cheaper to build or buy?
The cost of buying or building a house depends on the size and features you want. Building the house of your dreams can definitely cost a lot of money but you will also enjoy discounts from suppliers and you can move in before the entire house is finished.
Whether you decide to build or buy a home, the secret to owning a home is to have professionals by your side. Make sure you have a trustworthy realtor or contractor to help you through the process of homeownership so you won’t regret the decision later or lose money.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org