Moving has long been defined as a challenging process by most people worldwide. The entire moving process is termed as an uphill task by Americans as well, despite them being among the people with the highest relocation rates in the world. It is estimated that a whopping 17% of the countrys entire population move each year. Furthermore, the average American adult is said to move at least 12 times in their entire lifetime. One other interesting fact about moving is that ladies tend to move more than gentlemen! Therefore, as you prepare for your relocation to or from Fashion Institute of Technology, you can be sure that it is a very common phenomenon. Students make up a significant percentage of the moving masses in America too. We can assure you though that your moving process does not have to be challenging as you would expect it to be. Our moving experience for the past twenty years will ensure that you get the most useful moving tips for a hassle-free relocation in and to New York.
How to have a hassle-free student move
Moving as a student can be made hassle-free if you follow these useful moving tips.
- Pack as early as possible: Start packing as early as possible; this should be between 6 and 8 weeks before your moving day. This will ensure that you dont have a last minute-rush, which could result not only in a stressful situation, but haphazard packing.
- Label and number your boxes: As you pack, ensure that you label each box according to its contents. It is advisable to pack different rooms in separate boxes, and mark each box with the name of the room and the number you have assigned it.
- Hire a professional moving company: A professional moving company is equipped to handle your entire move leaving you to focus on other activities. Consider hiring these professional services to get a load off your mind.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
Hiring a professional moving company comes with a host of benefits such as the ones we have compiled below.
- They are fully equipped: A professional moving company is fully equipped to handle your move. They come with all the tools and equipment necessary to make your move as fast and efficient as possible. Furthermore, they come with enough moving boxes and supplies so you dont have to run around looking for these.
- They are cost effective. You will be surprised to learn that moving with a professional moving company can actually save you lots of money. This is because most professional movers will offer students a discount or a lower rate. Furthermore, they will also capture all your moving costs in one place, which is more affordable than running to different suppliers.
- They are professional: You can be sure that the services you receive will be professional. The movers will stick to their contractual obligations but will also go out of their way to answer your moving queries as satisfactorily as they can.
Finding the best university mover
It may seem like a daunting task to try and find a moving company that will cater to your very specific student moving needs. We have compiled some tips to get you started on the right track and land you the right mover.
- Search local: A local moving company is a better choice when it comes to your moving needs. This is because you are better able to receive services such a walk-through inventory, moving estimates and so on without attracting extra charges.
- Moving insurance: While a moving company should be insured, it is also advisable that you cover your items against any form of damage. Moving insurance is different from homeowners insurance which only covers your items in your home, not during a move. Do some research on moving insurance and get one that will suit your needs.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A1 Auto Transport Inc, we offer a wide variety of moving and relocation services. Some of these services include local, national and international moving services. Furthermore, we offer specialized shipping of pool tables, full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, packing and unpacking services, professional estimates, free moving advice and access to affordable moving companies.
Why you should make us your moving partner
We are fully licensed and insured with over twenty years of experience in the moving industry. Furthermore, we are accredited by the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the Better Business Bureau.
Make the smart move
Call us today via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the top of this page to contact us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.