Farmington Long Distance Moving Companies
The city of Farmington is located in San Juan County, New Mexico. It is the largest city in the county with over 50,000 residents. It is located at the confluence of San Juan River and Animas River which offer scenic views and recreational activities. Other attractions include the Trails of Ancients Byways and Colorado Plateau. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We are an experienced moving and vehicle relocation company offering quality services in New Mexico.
Why you need a moving company
- Stress-free: Long distance moves need at least two months to prepare and a 2-3 weeks delivery interval. They can get taxing due to the number of items you need to pack safely for the long haul. Professional movers have adequate moving experience and understand the intricacies of a long distance move. They apply their expertise making the whole affair pretty easy.
- Lower chances of accidents: Lifting and transporting items are some of the risky tasks when conducting a move. You can break your limb when carrying heavy furniture from the house to the moving vehicle or get involved in a road accident. In case you lack insurance, the loss can set you back. Moving companies have experts with skills to lift and carry heavy items with ease. They also use experienced drivers and modified vehicles to transport your items safely.
- Insurance: Accidents can occur at any stage of the moving process and when least expected. Since most self-moves lack insurance, any damage that occurs is repaid by the owner. Moving companies provide insurance for all moves they handle. In case an accident happens, you are repaid according to the insured value.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to find a trustworthy moving company in Farmington
Check for trustworthy moving companies on professional moving associations such as the American Movers and Storage Association. They have a wide list of moving companies operating across 33 states of the country. All movers are well-trained and they adhere to the association’s code of ethics.
You can also ask friends and family for recommendations about reliable moving companies. Depending on the experience they had with a moving company, they can offer sound suggestions and useful moving tips.
Review the opinion of previous moving customers at the Better Business Bureau or the company’s customer testimonials page. It helps you understand the company’s quality of customer services.
Your moving inventory influences the cost of your move. Before contacting moving companies to get a free moving quote, make sure you have an inventory of all items you want moved. Ask several companies all necessary moving questions such as their moving experience and the type of personnel used.
Verify a moving company’s license and registration. Open the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association site to confirm the company’s DOT number which allows them to handle household items. Also, verify the type of insurance the company uses.
Tips for a flawless move
- Give yourself adequate preparation time. An efficient long distance move needs at least a 2-3 months preparation period. This ensures you hire a reliable company, source for quality moving supplies and pack your items professionally.
- Create a moving budget. Figure out how much you can afford to spend and plan for all the expenses. Keep your expenses lean by moving only the items you need. Learn about long distance moving rates from the FMCSA moving booklet.
- Start packing your items a month in advance. Begin by separating first night items which will be moved under your care. Pack as you move room by room. Use different boxes for each room. This makes it easier when unpacking your items.
- Be available on moving day. Monitor the actions of the company personnel to ensure all your items are handled safely and no items are forgotten.
- Provide the personnel with beverages, tip them fairly and sign off the bill of lading.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
The quality of our services is second to none. This is evident from the 5-star reviews you can read on our customer testimonials page. We also have adequate moving experience which ensures safe, swift and affordable services.
Our moving services
- Corporate relocations
- Full-service moves (packing and unpacking)
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Apartment relocations
- Storage services
- Coast to coast moves
- State to state moves
- Boat transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
Try us out today
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com