Farmington Long Distance Moving Companies
The time has come for you to move to the city you have always dreamt about. It's an opportunity to start afresh and test your limits. For a smooth and easy move to Farmington, you should consider hiring an experienced moving company. Renowned for first-class moving services, we guarantee your move will be fun. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips for an easy relocation
- Work with a plan: The only way to be organized is to write down a list of things you need to do. These include looking for schools for your kids, transferring your licenses, gathering your medical and financial records and so on. This will ensure you take care of everything before moving out.
- Essentials: Pack toiletries, toothbrushes, laptop charger, a change of clothes, snacks and any other necessities separately. Use clear plastic bags for easy identification. These items will help you get by the first day and night with ease.
- Pack smart: Use suitcases, duffle bags and bins to pack your belongings. This will cut the cost of purchasing packing supplies. Wrap breakables with towels or soft clothes to protect them from breaking during transit. Seal the top and bottom sides of the boxes using quality sealing tape.
- Prep your new house: Make time to visit your new home to take care of minor repairs and make sure everything is in good working condition. Have the house thoroughly cleaned to get rid of dust and bugs. You need a house that’s move-in ready and it is easier to renovate it before you move in.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- This might seem unlikely for most people. But if you consider the expenses of hiring a truck, paying for fuel and insurance, hiring people to load and unload, plus the miscellaneous costs that you will encounter along the way, you realize that it's actually cheaper to hire a moving company. They give you a fixed bill that has been accurately calculated which means you only pay the amount owed and nothing more.
- Skills are sharpened by doing the same thing for a long time and most professional moving companies have been moving houses for over 10 years. With such a rich experience, you could never go wrong with a moving company. The process is planned and executed professionally, therefore, making your move seamless.
- The risk of injuries is minimized when you hire a professional moving company. The movers undergo extensive training and know how to handle delicate and awkwardly shaped household items. They work in teams and use specialized equipment for fast and safe delivery. You will be safe since you won’t be involved in any heavy lifting.
- Saves time. For a move to be successful, you have to invest a lot of time and effort in the planning process. With so much to do, you will be better off hiring professionals to take over. Not only will you carry on with your normal routine, but also have sufficient time to focus on the other issues of moving.
Tips to find a trustworthy mover
Only hire a licensed moving company. The FMCSA registers moving companies and issues them a USDOT Number which acts as a permit to cross over to another state. If it’s a local move, make sure the mover has a valid license from the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Check if your mover is insured. Reputable movers offer a variety of insurance cover to protect household items. Discuss with your mover the insurance policy that you want and make sure that you understand the terms and conditions.
Don’t sign blank documents. Read carefully the fine print of your contract and ask for clarification where you don’t understand. The bill of lading contains important information such as the types of services you requested, the moving cost and the pick-up and delivery dates.
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Military relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- International moves
Why hire us?
You want a company you can trust to deliver your belongings intact. A-1 Auto Transport has all the resources you need to make your move efficient and convenient. Our teams are professional, friendly and ready to help you settle within the shortest time. We offer services you can rely on at affordable rates. Don’t be stressed when planning your next move. Hire us today for quality services.
Get in touch
Contact us on 888-509-3213 for questions, or to make your reservation and we’ll be thrilled to guide you. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.