Farmington Hills Long Distance Moving Companies
If you have a move to Farmington Hills coming up soon, consider hiring an experienced moving company located in Michigan. We know the locality well enough and the safest and quickest routes to use when moving your belongings. When you hire us, our personnel will visit your home and assess your household to prepare and give you a memorable moving experience. We also relocate vehicles.
The best tips to make house moving a breeze
- Disconnect your freezer, fridge, dishwasher, and dryer from the power source and clean them before moving out. The refrigerator should be wiped dry to prevent the growth of molds and keep the foul smell away.
- Contact your service providers and notify them of your intentions to move for them to disconnect your utilities and switch them over to your new residence. This ensures you don’t pay for bills you didn’t use.
- Make sure you tape the boxes well, both the top and bottom. Keep the weight of the boxes below 20kgs to make it easy to move them around. During loading, heavy boxes should go on the bottom.
- Don’t forget to label your boxes on both sides and the top. Write a brief description of what’s inside each box and indicate where they should be placed at your new place. This way, you'll have an easy time unpacking since everything will be where you want it.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Affordability: There are a lot of expenses you need to take into consideration when moving on your own. This can add up and surpass your initial budget allocation. However, a professional moving company offers free estimates based on the size of your move or the distance to be travelled. The estimates are accurate and they don’t have hidden costs. This way, you can plan your budget effectively and avoid overspending.
- Fewer injuries: If you lack the necessary skills to handle heavy and awkwardly shaped items, the risk of getting injured is high. On the other hand, professional movers know how to ensure a move stays safe. They are trained to take care of your belongings and since they do the heavy lifting, you will stay safe.
- Movers protect your items: When you hire a professional moving company, your possessions become insured. This means they are accountable for your items and will be held liable for any damages to your belongings during the move. Knowing that your items are protected will ease your mind and you can sit back and relax.
- Storage units: Professional movers provide storage facilities where you can safely store your items. The facilities are under 24-hour surveillance to ensure maximum security for your belongings. Whether its short-term or long-term, the payment options are flexible and you get to choose what suits you most.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find a reputable moving company
It's advisable to hire a moving company that has a proven track record. The longer a company has been in business the better the chances of it being reliable and trustworthy. Investigate the methods they use and the type of equipment they have. Good management means their staff can be trusted to provide quality services.
Only hire a licensed moving company. To be safe, check if the mover has a valid USDOT and MC Number. Visit the FMCSA website to get more details about the history of the mover you intend to hire. Their contact information, complaints history, and location are some of the details you'll find here. Use this information to make an informed decision.
Find out what other customers are saying about your moving company by reading online reviews on reputable sites like MyMovingReviews.com and Angie’s List. Customer reviews and rate movers based on their experiences. Movers with many negative reviews show lack of commitment and should be avoided.
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Vehicle transport
- International and local moves
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Packing supplies
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
For over 25 years, we have been moving thousands of people domestically and overseas gaining considerable experience in handling moves than any other company. With expertly trained personnel and modern equipment, you can rest assured that your move will be flawless. At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer more than just transport for your belongings; we give free advice on the best moving practices.
Get free quotes
For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page or call us on 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com