Fargo Long Distance Moving Companies
Fargo was founded in 1871 and is among the fastest growing small cities in the US. It is considered as a hub for many things, key among them are education, retail, industrial, education, culture and health. It is the county seat for Cass County. We have continued to serve the people of Fargo with a wide variety of moving services over the last 25 years. We also offer auto transport solutions.
Why hire movers?
If you are looking to make your move more manageable, it is advisable to hire movers because:
- Movers have many years of experience thereby allowing them to manage different moving challenges.
- Movers hire technical staff that is well trained on all aspects of managing different moves.
- Movers have a variety of equipment and handy tools that help to manage and make any move smoother.
- Movers will always have a good understanding of the best routes to use and will always conduct area checks to ensure that your move is safe and smooth.
- Movers keep you from carrying heavy item such as pool tables on your own; this decreases your chances of being injured or damaging your items in the process.
- Movers have warehousing facilities that allow you to store your property for both long and short-term use. Warehousing helps to protect your property from any eventualities if the goods cannot be delivered immediately to your new location.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find reliable movers in Fargo
- On ground search. Start by doing a research to find local movers. You can get ideas from, your local directory, Yellow Pages or referrals from your family and friends. Identify and shortlist at least four different companies.
- Background search. Go online and look at their website; identify their capabilities and look at their client reviews. Look at other sites to find both compliments and complaints against the company. Ask them for clients’ contacts whom you can request for testimonials.
- Compliance status. All long distance movers are required to be registered with the Department of Transportation. Find out if the companies are registered with the FMSCA. Request each company to give you its US DOT and MC numbers and search for their compliance status.
- Estimates. Once you have done your background search, you should request your movers for moving estimates. Every mover should manage to send a representative to assess your home or office and provide an estimate for your particular move. Make sure that you get written estimates. Keep off movers who prefer to give verbal estimates or movers who refuse to do local-area assessment. Ask each mover for a list of their additional services and find out which ones will be required for your move and what will be the cost implication for each additional service.
- Hire mover. Once you have your estimates, narrow down to your best mover and book the moving date with them.
Preparing for your move
For you to enjoy a smooth move, it is recommended that you do some of the following things:
- Find and book your mover at least 3 months in advance. If looking to enjoy a good bargain or discounts, do not book your mover during summer or on a weekend as the rates tend to be higher.
- Sort and identify what items you must move to the new location; you can then dispose of, donate or sell what you don’t need.
- Identify what items you will need to carry for yourself and keep them safe. Purchase packing material such as bubble wrap for those items especially if they are fragile or prone to get damaged.
- Forward your mail through the official government site.
We offer a wide variety of services to our clients in Fargo:
- Pet and animal transport
- Auto transport
- Commercial moves
- Residential moves
- College moves
- Military moves
Work with the best movers
We guarantee you a safe and reliable move because:
- We have complied with all requirements by the FMSCA.
- We are members of the American Moving & Storage Association.
- We have been in the transport business for over two decades so we fully understand the moving landscape.
- We have helped move millions of customers, many of whom have given us positive reviews.
Get premium services
If you are looking to enjoy high quality services when moving to or from Fargo, fill the form at the top of this page and our agents will get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can call our 24-hour client center on 888-509-3213.