Fairmont Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving house presents a great opportunity for change. New cultures, cuisine, and languages are challenges that will make life interesting. To achieve your moving goals, you need to partner with the right moving company. If you're preparing to move to or from Fairmont, your best option is to hire a Minnesota based mover. We offer top-of-the-range moving services including vehicle relocation.
Top moving tips
- Take care of hazardous materials. Movers won't transport any items that are listed as hazardous. Ask them to provide you a list of those items so that you don’t pack them. You can opt to give them away or safely dispose of them.
- Pack smart. Use the big boxes for lighter items such as beddings and the small boxes for books. It's easier to handle small boxes with heavy items compared to large boxes. When packing, start with the rooms that are less frequently used.
- Fill any spaces with clothes or old newspaper to keep the items in the boxes from shifting when being moved. This also prevents the items from breaking or getting damaged.
- Make sure everything fits perfectly into a box before sealing it with tape. Label the boxes correctly on both sides and the top so that you can easily identify them from any direction.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Reasons to hire a professional moving company
- They have the appropriate equipment: Proper handling of heavy items requires special equipment. By hiring a professional mover, you get to be served by trained personnel who know the techniques to lift and carry the items through any space. They use hoisting straps, heavy duty blankets, and dollies to safely move your items from one point to another.
- Financial control: When moving on your own, you may fail to consider some aspects of the move which can lead to overspending. On the other hand, professional movers use a predetermined system to calculate your moving cost. Everything is captured in one place and you only pay a fixed amount for the journey.
- Insurance cover: When moving, anything can happen along the way. You want to be prepared for such unpredictable events. Hiring an insured mover is a sure way to safeguard your belongings. The movers are accountable for your move and will be held liable for any damages to your items. This means you'll be compensated up to the value of your insurance policy.
- Packing services: Packing can be costly, tiring and time-consuming. When you hire a professional mover, they come with the necessary supplies including boxes and quality wrapping materials. They have the skills to pack fast and efficiently. This saves you time and money of hassling for packing materials. They will ensure your items are handled with care and delivered in good condition.
Tips to find the right moving company
Ask for recommendations from your friends, work colleagues and family members. At least one of them will have moved recently and willing to share their experience with the moving company. Also, ask the local real estate agents for advice on which companies to choose. Shortlist a few movers and check them out before making your decision.
Give preference to a moving company that’s a member of the Minnesota Transport Services Association. The association makes sure their members operate legally and follow the Professional Code of Ethics. This means that members of MTSA can be trusted to deliver high-quality services.
Find out the reputation of your moving company by visiting the Better Business Bureau website. Customers leave comments based on the performance of the company. Check the ratings of your mover and if there are any complaints lodged against it. Most importantly find out how the claims were resolved.
A reputable mover should issue you a copy of ‘Consumer Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. It contains useful information of what to expect during a move and what to do in case of any misunderstandings with the moving company.
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Commercial moving
- Residential moving
- Vehicle transport
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a listening and caring moving partner that only wants the best for you. Our services are designed with you in mind. Every move is unique and our experts dedicate their time to help make your relocation fast, simple and efficient. Backed by over 25 years in the business, rest assured that A-1 Auto Transport will deliver your items within the deadline.
Get in touch
Get exclusive details on our services and offers by speaking directly to us on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.