Unexpected things come up. Whether you’ve just got your dream position in a different city, have to relocate for your current job, or simply have waited until the very last minute, you may be in need of expedited household moving services. Moving is already stressful enough, and the reality is that having to pack up all of your personal belongings and move with no time to plan ahead can make it even more stressful. Thankfully, some moving companies will be able to help you out, no matter how late in the game you already are. Here’s an overview of what to expect, as well as some tips:
Be Prepared to Pay More
Expedited moving services will natural cost much more than standard moving services, usually no matter what. You can expect to pay much more due to a few different reasons.
The first reason is that, quite simply, moving companies know that you have little bargaining power at this stage of the game. You most likely won’t be in a position where you can turn down too many companies, mainly due to a lack of time and a lack of options.
The second reason is that it complicates things significantly from a logistical point of view for a moving company to have to schedule you in. The longer the distance that your personal items have to be shipped, the more difficult it is for them to do so at the last minute, meaning that the higher amount that you will have to pay. Moving companies like to schedule things weeks in advance, preferably 4 to 6 weeks ahead of time. They do this in order to plan out routes and to try and make sure that they can maximize their profits. Keep in mind that many moving companies will place your items in a trailer along with the items from a few other customers.
The third reason is simply a matter of enticing the movers to do all of the extra work. They will have to load up your things faster, move at a faster speed, and rearrange their schedules. Naturally, they won’t do this for the same rate as if it were a standard move. The extra money that they charge acts as an incentive.
How You Can Help to Speed Up the Process
There are a few things that you can do to help speed up the process. They are:
- Try and organize your items as much as possible into labeled boxes. Place the valuables into clearly marked boxes. This will help the movers out as they load your personal items onto their truck.
- Check out the Better Business Bureau at bbb.org to see if your moving company is reputable. This will help you to avoid any potential disputes or service interruptions with them, as you can tell from the reviews if they are reliable or not. You should also shop around for multiple prices. Using the internet, it should take you no longer than an hour.
- Consider other options. If you don’t need to move your items now, maybe you can store them with a family member or a friend. You can have them shipped through a standard service later on.
Ideally, you won’t have to hire an expedited household moving service. But life is not always ideal. Don’t worry too much though. These services are available. Just be prepared to pay a little bit more than you would normally have to. Good luck!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?