Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Everett, Massachusetts
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Everett Long Distance Moving Companies
If you have a move to Everett in the offing, let A-1 Auto Transport help minimize the stress associated with moving. We are based in Massachusetts and offer unrivaled services both locally and internationally. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to help you manage moving day with ease
- Pack a survival kit: Include items that you can’t do without on a daily basis; toilet paper, bed sheets, a few utensils, snacks, towels, flashlight and any other item that will help you get by on the first few days.
- Packing supplies: Before you start packing, make sure you have enough boxes of different sizes. This is an important part of the moving process and if you do it right, you’ll save yourself some quality time as you approach moving day.
- Valuables: If you have valuable items like jewelry, artifacts, and antiques, it’s safer to transport them yourself. Pack them separately and keep the bag with you at all times. The same applies to relevant documents like passports, birth certificates, and financial records.
- Be present: You need to be present when the movers are loading and unloading your household items to give directions. You also need to confirm if everything was delivered intact.
- Pet transport: If you own pets, ask a friend or neighbor to take care of them on moving day. If you’re moving with them, make sure they have identification tags. You may need to check with the animals department to find out the regulations of moving pets to different states.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Heavy items need specialized equipment and the skills of professional movers. Don’t risk carrying your fridge or piano down the stairs. The professionals use dollies, ramps and piano skids to move the items from one point to another. This helps the movers expedite the moving process and deliver your belongings safely.
- Moving is a big event and requires the help of friends and family who most of the time have other commitments. When you hire a professional moving company, your problems become their problems. They have the trucks, packing supplies, skills, and training to complete your move within a day.
- With professional movers, you don’t have to worry about your items falling into the wrong hands. If you’re relocating your office, the movers will ensure the security and privacy of your documents. They use state-of-the-art technology to track their fleet of vehicles and will act immediately in case of emergencies.
- There’s no greater feeling than knowing that your items are insured during a move. Movers offer different insurance options to protect your items. The mandatory base rate only covers 60 cents per pound per item. If you have expensive items, it’s wise to purchase additional insurance.
Steps to hiring a reliable moving company
Get recommendations from people you trust. If a friend or family member recently moved, ask about their experience with the moving company. Do further research on the suggested movers to determine their prices and types of services.
Check the legitimacy of a moving company by visiting the FMCSA database. Search by name or USDOT Number to see if your company is listed. Reputable movers brand their trucks with the 11-digit number and contact information to make it easy to identify them. If it’s a local move, make sure the mover is licensed by the Massachusetts Public Utilities Commission.
Go for a mover certified by the American Moving and Storage Association. This site helps to protect consumers from being scammed by rogue movers by ensuring their members have the legal documents and operate within the association’s Code of Professional Ethics.
Avoid movers who ask for large deposits before a move. When you pay before your items are transported, you lose control over when they will be delivered. That’s why you should only pay when your belongings have been delivered to your new home.
Our moving services
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Storage services
- Office relocation
Why hire us?
We are professionals who take every move seriously. Our staff is highly trained to handle your items with care and deliver them fast to your new place. Whether you’re moving locally or across the country, you can trust A-1 Auto Transport for reliable, safe and secure moving services. Hire us today for a great moving experience.
Talk to us
Make your reservation by calling us on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates please fill out the form at the top of this page.