So, you have finally finished moving. Congratulations for successfully completing a large project that was likely both emotionally and physically draining. Sure, there is more to do now in dealing with the new home and getting everything ready and set up just the way you like. However, it is also important now to be sure to take a step back and think about what has been done and what you would like to do now. Here are some things to consider as you reflect upon and evaluate your move.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Make a to-do list:
Not only make a list but put a sort of schedule to it as well. Just understand that not everything can be finished all at once. Give yourself (and anyone who might be helping) enough time to reasonably complete each step. This is also a great way to avoid that overloaded feeling while nothing seems to get done.
- Take your time with the unpacking:
You want to start with the essential items, many of which should have already arrived with you, separate from the main moving/truck shipment. Everything should also have been labeled for the proper room, so this also helps when you start unpacking room by room. The main thing is to understanding that this is not something you can complete in a leisurely hour or even afternoon. It’s a lot of stuff and it will take some time. Consistent effort, according to your schedule is much better than a spurt here and there. Just don’t overextend yourself between all of your other obligations and the unpacking.
- Keep track of what worked (and what didn’t) during this move:
Chances are pretty good that you will move again at some point, so knowing what worked and what didn’t can be invaluable information. It is suggested that you keep a journal of your experiences because memories fade and you might not be sure of how things went after a few years of living in the new house.
- Create a safe haven room:
Take one room and make it up in whatever way you like. Put in some special furniture, art, whatever you want. The one thing that needs to be done in this room, is that all boxes and any other moving-in clutter are kept out. This is where you go when you want to escape from all the hustle and bustle for a few minutes.
- Allow yourself to settle in:
Take some time and just relax. Allow yourself to get used to being somewhere new, of course, you have already researched your new area. Let yourself feel a sense f peace and tranquility. That will make you feel better about everything else and will even help your other responsibilities to be completed easier.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory