Escanaba Long Distance Moving Companies
The port city of Escanaba is located in Delta County, Michigan. It was used as an early harbor for water vessels shipping items from Canada to the Midwestern States and vice versa. Escanaba River provides scintillating views as it cuts across the city. Moving to a new region can improve your mental and physical state. Escanaba has affordable real estate and friendly residents. Water sports along the shores of Lake Michigan are a favourite with tourists and local residents. Long distance moves require experience and equipment. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport have the smoothest moving and vehicle relocation services in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Why a professional moving company is necessary
- Storage: Moving companies have warehouses located across major towns in the state of Michigan. You can store items if you lack adequate space in your new house. You can also use the warehouses to make fragmented moves, where you move one room per week/month. The warehouses are easily accessible and are well conditioned to keep your items intact.
- Risk factor: Long distance moves involve a myriad of task. Since you lack packing skills you may break several items. Your friends do not know how to strap furniture in the carrier or you might get robbed along the highway. Moving heavy loads is risky and requires skilled personnel. The load may easily overpower you and you lose control of the vehicle. Hire professional movers and let them tackle all the moving tasks.
- Extra services: Professional moving companies have extra services such as specialized moves. They handle pets, heirlooms and any personal items you may own. Moving companies have emergency moves where they deal with job relocations, separations or natural disasters. They also have full-service moves where they pack, load and arrange your new premises. This is very convenient since you get time to handle your normal routine without interruptions.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Escanaba
Check the American Movers and Storage Association for the best state to state moving companies. The association is known for its professional code of ethics which ensures the customer is fairly charged. The association also trains its members and educates the public about moving.
Search for reviews about Escanaba movers at Moverreviews.com. They are the best known consumer rights advocates. They also name and shame rogue moving companies.
- Operational classification: They should have a valid household goods moving license.
- Physical addresses: Do they match the ones the company provided?
- Insurance information: Do they have the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance (BIPD)?
Use the Better Business Bureau to view the business profile of a moving company. They have all the company’s records since inception. You can also check consumer complaints against a moving company. They have over a million activities related to moving annually. Hire accredited companies since they work under the organization.
Make your move to Escanaba flawless
- Use the U-Haul moving programme to get free boxes, markers and tapes. Reduce the moving cost by using laundry bins and trash bags to pack clothes.
- Separate personal items and move them in your car. Avoid packing flammable items since the company does not move such items.
- Use large boxes to pack light items and small boxes to pack heavy items. Cut holes along the sides of the boxes to improve the carrying efficiency. Label all the boxes along the sides according to the items contained and where the box is headed.
- Change your address at USPS two weeks before moving day. This confirms that mail will arrive at your new address immediately you move in your new house.
- Cancel deliveries and subscriptions at least a week before moving. The grocery company or cable guy may show up on moving day which results in unnecessary expenses.
A-1 Auto Transport moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Corporate relocations
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Coast to coast moves
- Apartment relocations
- Piano moves
- Local moves
- Senior moves
- Storage services
- Pool table moves
Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are one of the largest worldwide shipping companies handling thousands of moves annually. We have a presence across the entire country and its overseas territories. Our Smart Way Programme adherence and feed the hungry programme displays our concern for the community and environment.
Get in touch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.