Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
If you need additional coverage and protection for your vehicle when importing across waters, you may want the protection that enclosed auto shipping can provide. Enclosed, or covered car transport can protect your vehicle from any road debris, weather, dirt, and hazards that can arise during transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This method of shipping is often chosen for owners who have vehicles that are classified as vintage or classic, exotic, or valuable.
Advantages of container shipping.
Importing with enclosed car transport carriers, your vehicle will have an extra layer of protection that will give you the peace of mind you need.
- Enclosed carriers have either hard or soft sides to provide a shield of protection around your car while in transport.
- Carriers are pulled by specialized trucks that have straps that will firmly attach to the wheels in order to secure and lock in for limited movement.
- Many car transporters now come with hydraulic lift gaits which are great for those vehicles that are low to the ground, luxury, or exotic.
- Your vehicle is transported with the highest level of protection and security that would not be there with open carry transporting.
- Not only is your vehicle protected from any weather, debris that may be flying around including rocks from other vehicles, but it also keeps others from seeing the vehicle and possibly contemplates stealing. Importing with enclosed car transport carriers offers extra protection that high value vehicles or rare and classic vehicles need.
When choosing the right car transporter for your import, money and time will play an important role. When considering the cost of shipping, you will appreciate the added protection you will receive when you choose an enclosed car carrier, especially if your car is worth $50,000 or more.
The most common transport trailers to choose from are open or enclosed. Commercial trailers are made to load vehicles by installing a built-in ramp to make loading and unloading easier. Importing with enclosed car transport carriers, they also offer power hydraulics which is used to raise and lower the loading ramps.
Before your vehicle can go aboard the carriers you need to prepare your vehicle by doing the following:
- Check all the fluids for leaks around your car. Leaking fluids can be hazardous to the carrier driver.
- Find out what fluids the transporter prefers to be left in the vehicle during transport.
- The battery should be charged and the tires should have enough pressure in them. This is more for your benefit once your vehicle is on the road again than it is for the transporter.
- Take photographs all around your vehicle before it is loaded onto the transporter in order to document any damage or dents done to your vehicle prior to shipment.
- Remove anything that is sticking up, sticking out, or can be knocked off during transport; antennas, roof racks, spoilers, and more.
- You also want to remove your toll taxes pass, if you have them in your windshields to prevent damage.
- No personal items can remain in the vehicle during transporting.
- Leave the spare tire and a car jack in your vehicle during transport.
- Be sure to select for insurance coverage to keep you covered during transporting.
All registered transporters are required to have written certificate of insurance for their shipping customers as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. You will need to have this document given to you if you request it.