The process of shipping a motorcycle is more tedious than you think if you try to do it by yourself. The job will certainly be carried out safely with a professional Emporia transport company.
Opt in for any services or features that will help protect the motorcycle and make sure that it gets delivered by the time it is expected to arrive. The professionals will take great care of the bike in the meantime.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Step by Step Shipping Process.
To ship a motorcycle successfully, there is strategic planning that needs to be done. This makes it easier to carry out a smooth shipping process.
Plan ahead and schedule your motorcycle’s transport as soon as you are aware that it needs to be done. Try to give the auto transport company at least a month’s notice if you can. Make sure that the company you hire for the job upholds a positive reputation and is approved by the Department of Transport.
Clean off the motorcycle and prep it for its travels. Leave only the factory features on the bike and leave the fuel less than a quarter of a tank full. The less weight in the vehicle, the easier it will be transported.
Mark down any damages were already done to the motorcycle. Write down and take pictures of scratches, dents and other markings.
Deliver the bike to the terminal requested or have it ready for its pickup. Hand the keys over to the driver and any documents necessary. Get the driver’s contact information and see when and where it will arrive at the next location.
After delivery has been made, make sure you or another responsible party is there to pick it up. This must be confirmed with the transport company. It could lead to additional costs if the plans originally made were changed. Inspect the motorcycle for any harm that wasn’t already present. If you spot anything, have the driver fill out a report in which you will sign. This will then make it possible for you to file an insurance claim.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?