What is the Employment in the United Kingdom?
Finding employment in the United Kingdom is relatively easy, especially for US citizens moving to the nation. The unemployment rate in the UK has been at an all-time low since 2014 and the economy only continues to grow. There is plenty of work in the UK, especially for scientists, engineers, medical practitioners, chefs, teachers, programmers, language and science teachers, and anyone in the arts.
What Do Employers in the UK Look For?
To qualify for open positions in the United Kingdom there are certain things you should know. There are certain qualities and skills that UK employers look for.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
When you possess any of the following characteristics, you’re likelier to snag the position you’re applying for.
- Have the ability to speak a language other than English. Being multilingual is a huge plus when applying for jobs in the UK.
- Possess artistic qualities that will bring creativity and new perspective to the position you’re applying for.
- Have the desire and urge to be part of a team. UK employers strongly believe in teamwork and highly encourage throughout nearly all industries.
- Showcase strong leadership skills. You must have the ability to run a team with success. Hold and lead meetings often and maintain organization at all times.
- Possess the urge and ability to network. Networking is extremely important in the UK.
Applying for Jobs
It isn’t too difficult to find job openings in the UK. There are many ways for employers to advertise especially when they’re placing an ad looking to hire new employment. Before you start searching for places to apply, make sure your resume is up to par. Make sure you accentuate any of the qualities and skill sets that UK employers tend to look for.
When you’re ready for work and you’re certain your resume, portfolio and professional online presence are edited to perfection, start your hunt for a job. Check out company websites, local newspapers such as “The Guardian” or “Financial Times,” recruitment agencies, and popular online job sites. Another great way to find out about job openings is through networking. Meet with the locals and socialize. Word of mouth can have its advantages.