Moving is a universal process that every human being is familiar with no matter which part of the world they live in. The common demographic of people who move are married folks between the ages of 25 and 44 with children between the ages of 2 and 11. Another common demographic of people who move regularly in America are students after high school graduation to join university or after their undergraduate studies. Your move to or from Empire State College is one of the thousands of student moves that are happening this year. Most people consider moving a daunting task but we at A1 Auto Transport Inc have been in the business long enough to know that it does not have to be so challenging to move. Our company has moved thousands of families and students in New York and across America with great ease over the years. You can rest assured that your move will be in good hands if you choose to move with us.
How to achieve a smooth student move
Moving as a student can be made simple if you follow these moving tips.
- Get organized: For your move to happen seamlessly, you must be organized from the minute you know that you will be moving. Create a moving binder which will hold all the details of your move; from the moving inventory, to the checklist and invoices as well as other documents pertaining to your move.
- Pack early: Packing is one of the moving tasks that you can stagger over a period of even 8 weeks. Start packing away items that you won’t need before your move. Some of these items include extra beddings and off-season clothes.
- Hire a moving company: You should consider hiring a professional moving company to help take away the stress of moving. A professional moving company will handle all the details of your move letting you take a break from the moving hassle.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
Moving with a professional moving company is an investment that is bound to pay off in the long run. Here are some benefits of hiring a professional mover.
- Peace of mind: Moving can be a stressful process. However, when you delegate all your moving tasks to the professional movers, you can be sure that this will take a load off your mind.
- To save time: Professional movers are able to finish your move in a matter of hours, as opposed to taking all day by yourself. Furthermore, since they have all sizes of trucks, they will save you multiple trips that will just eat into your day.
- To focus on other aspects of the move: Moving is not all about packing, loading up and driving to your new home. There are other aspects of the move that the professional movers cannot handle such as changing your mailing address, applying for a driver’s license if you are moving to a new state and so on.
How to find the best moving company
There are various aspects to look out for as you are looking to hire a professional moving company.
- Their credentials: A professional moving company should be fully licensed and insured in order to operate within the law. Find out if the local moving company has all the correct licenses and if they are insured by checking on this database.
- Their location: A local moving company is better placed to offer you the moving services that you require comfortably. Moreover, a local moving company has better knowledge of your city or county.
- Their rates: Most professional moving companies will offer a subsidized cost to students and seniors because we understand that you are moving on a tight budget. Look out for companies with such offers and settle on one with the best rate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer a wide array of moving services such as furniture disassembly and reassembly, free moving advice and tips, access to affordable moving companies, moving labor for hire, auto transport, clean and secure moving storage as well as pool table transport. We also offer relocation services locally, internationally, nationally and across the country.
Benefits of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured with over twenty years of experience in the moving industry. Furthermore, we have valid memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. We also have consistent rankings with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us today
Dial 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs and queries. You may also contact us via the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.