Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Elmira, New York
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Elmira Long Distance Moving Companies
Long distance moves can be strenuous, but when conducted by professional movers, they are stress-free. Elmira, the county set of Chemung County, New York is a city built for the service industry. It has numerous parks which offer hundreds of recreational activities and scenic sites. The city is also known for museums which are dedicated to honoring the past. They have multiple collections with some dating back to the 16th century. If you want to make your move smooth, choose an experienced moving company such as A-1 Auto Transport. We also handle vehicle relocations.
Why you need a moving company
- Accountability: Ensuring your items are safe while the move is conducted within the agreed time is the responsibility of moving companies. Movers handle moving tasks such as packing and loading professionally. They also use experienced drivers who navigate the shortest and safest routes to deliver your items. In case any damage happens, the company repays you promptly.
- The distance: Long distance moving is tedious and time-consuming. No one wants to drive hundreds of miles for days on end. Driving heavily loaded trucks is also not an easy task. Long distance moving also requires permits to handle household items across states. Save yourself the stress and hire professional movers like A-1 Auto Transport who have adequate moving resources and required permits to make safe long distance moves in a single trip.
- Professional inventory: When moving, it is important to make an inventory of all your items. It helps estimate how much money you need to spend on the move. Inventories also help determine which items require special services and how long your move might take. Moving companies create proper inventories for all your items when moving. They also pack and load your items categorically which eases the unpacking process.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps to find a reliable mover
Where to find reliable movers
Check the American Movers and Storage Association. The largest moving association in the country seeks to improve the moving industry through provision of quality services and spreading awareness about the role of moving companies. Most members of the association are professionally trained on how to handle customers and provide quality services.
Check moving customer-advocacy sites which are verified by certification authorities such as VeriSign. They assess moving companies according to the opinion of past customers. Trustworthy moving companies have positive customer remarks while average movers register numerous consumer complaints.
What to consider in a moving company
- Experience: Experienced moving companies that have been in the moving industry for more than 10 years have the best services. They have seen it all which ensures almost no challenge can overpower them. They also have adequate moving resources such as trucks and personnel.
- Training: It is better to use moving personnel who are professionally trained. Trained personnel also provide high-safety standards to all tasks they handle. Companies which employ day labor are more likely to get into accidents which lead to additional expenses.
- Licenses and insurance: Deal with moving companies that are licensed by the United States Department of Transport. Check the type and validity of their insurance at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association.
Tips for a stress-free move
- Make your long distance move with a professional mover when the conditions are right. This includes moving during the off-season. It ensures you get a better deal with faster delivery intervals and reduced moving charges.
- Plan for activities like acquiring moving supplies, enlisting friends to help with your move and changing your address at the United States Postal Services at least a month in advance.
- When packing, use corrugated boxes that have more rigidity to pack heavy items. Tape them along the edges and at the bottom with double layers of tape.
- Mark all packed boxes along the sides with the type of items contained and the room they are headed.
- On moving day, sign the bill of lading after all services have been completed satisfactorily.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
The quality of our services is evident from the 5-star ratings from our customer testimonials page and numerous customer review websites. With A-1 Auto Transport, you are sure of a stress-free moving experience.
- State to state moves
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Full-service moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle shipping
- Furniture moves
- Corporate relocations
- Local moves
- Office moves
Get in touch
Make the call on 1-888-509-3213 and reserve your moving spot. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get a free no-obligation quote.