Ellisville Long Distance Moving Companies
With a move to Ellisville in the offing, you must be debating whether to hire a professional moving company or move on your own. Relocating to a new city or state involves a lot of activities that are time-consuming and can be expensive in the long run. At A-1 Auto Transport, we understand the ups and downs of moving and design services that will suit our clients perfectly. Based in Missouri, we are ready to offer professional moving services and give you a memorable moving experience. We also relocate vehicles.
Top house moving tips
- Transfer utilities: Contact your service providers a few weeks before moving out to arrange when to disconnect your services. If you're moving out-of-state, you might have to look for service providers in the new city. Otherwise, have your utilities switched over to your new address in advance.
- Pack a first-night kit: After the long journey, it's probably not possible to start unpacking immediately you arrive at your new house. Thus, you need to pack a few essentials separately to help you get through the night without stress. Items like toothbrushes, chargers, a change of clothes, pajamas, drinks, and snacks will come in handy.
- Source for boxes: Gather plenty of boxes for packing your household items. The boxes should be brand new and sturdy. You can find them in liquor stores or bookstores in your locality. Additionally, you need sealing tape, marker pens, labels and bubble wrap.
- Valuables: Pack valuable items including documents yourself. Put necklaces in egg cartons to prevent them from tangling and knotting. Keep the box or bag with you to ensure the safety of your most cherished possessions.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Moving large and awkwardly shaped household items can be tricky especially if you lack the appropriate equipment. Since you can’t afford to purchase or hire all of them, it's only wise to enlist the services of a professional moving company. They are trained to carry items of any size or shape safely through tight spaces without causing damages.
- Peace of mind. If you have fragile items such as antiques, paintings or sculptures, you don’t have to worry about their safety. Professional movers will take good care of them and deliver them in one piece. They handle everything professionally and you can rest easy knowing that your belongings are in safe hands.
- Professional movers provide storage facilities for your possessions. Your items will be stored in a vault-like structure which is safe and secure. So, if you want to store your items temporarily while you look for an ideal house, the movers have your back.
- Affordable services. The cost of moving is the reason most people want to move on their own. There’s a misconception that hiring movers is expensive. On the contrary, you actually save a lot if you let professional movers help you. They are trained, reliable and will do the packing and heavy lifting for you. You don’t have to invest a lot of time and money planning your move since the movers will have everything in place.
Ways to find a trustworthy mover
Ask for references from the mover you are considering. Get their contacts and talk to them to learn more about their moving experience. Reputable movers have confidence in their services and will gladly give you the contacts.
Check the legal documents to ensure you’re dealing with a legitimate moving company. Interstate movers are required to have a USDOT Number while in-state movers must have a valid license from the Missouri Department of Transportation. Never work with unlicensed moving companies.
To be safe, make sure to ask if your mover is insured and offers worker’s compensation. This means that if anyone gets hurt or your belongings get damaged, you are covered. They will be liable for reimbursing you up to the value of your insurance policy.
We specialize in these services
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Corporate moving
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Storage options
- Packing supplies
- Pet transport
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is a reliable moving company with a long successful track record. We have the highest number of repeat clients and this goes to show how committed we are to making your move successful. When hired, we consider every aspect and prepare for any obstacles that may come our way. We want you to enjoy the move and settle at your new place comfortably and we are here to guide you every step of the way.
Get in touch
For more information about our moving plans, call us on 888-509-3213. Get free instant quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org