Elk River Long Distance Moving Companies
Elk River is the county seat of Sherburne County, Minnesota. It has over 25,000 residents and is among the fastest growing cities in the state. The city houses several headquarters of mid-sized business and has the lowest poverty index in the state. The main attractions in the city include the Mississippi and Elk Rivers. They have boating, fishing and swimming activities for most days of the week. Elk River has ten parks which cover over 900 acres where you can golf, skate and interact with nature. Choose an experienced and reputable moving company for stress free moving services to Elk River. A-1 Auto Transport is the most trusted mover in Sherburne County. We have provided quality moving and auto transport services for the past 25 years.
Why you need a moving company
- Cumbersome items: There are certain items like L-couches and king size beds that need expert handling to avoid delays and damage. Movers like A-1 Auto Transport disassemble the items and move them in bits. This ensures they do not cause injuries to the personnel or damage other items in the moving vehicle.
- Time: Long distance moves are time-consuming and hectic. They require adequate time and labour. Moving companies have the skills and resources to handle the move in a short time than your helpers can. They use appropriate equipment to pack, load and deliver your items which further reduces the time required to handle moves.
- Stress-free: Professional moving companies like A-1 Auto Transport can handle difficult tasks like packing and loading. This ensures you have time to deal with simple moving tasks or other personal duties. Knowing your items are in the hands of professionals is also relaxing. A-1 Auto Transport has recorded a 98% success rate with the moves carried out.
How to find a reliable mover in Elk River
When making a long distance move within the state of Minnesota, it’s recommended to use local companies. They know the terrain extensively and can offer customized services according to your needs. Check for reliable intrastate moving companies at the oldest moving association in the Midwest, the Minnesota Transport Services Association.
Establish the licensing status of local movers at the Minnesota Department of Transport. The department requires movers to have; proper training, moving equipment, updated insurance information and a valid household items moving license. They also deal with consumer complaints.
Ensure the company provides a specific employee to handle your walk-through and moving questions. It’s convenient since you will establish how the company operates and what is required of you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Read and understand the written estimate before agreeing to any terms. You can use professional help to identify any hidden costs in the estimate.
Beware of companies:
- Which are hasty in asking for a deposit. It should also not exceed 20% the total moving cost.
- Which have frequent changes of address. They may be covering up their inadequacies.
- Which have a poor safety rating with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. This implies inexperience and poor quality of services.
Tips for a smooth move
- Scope the new premises you are moving to weeks in advance. Check for any damages in the house and document them. Clean the house and take pictures that will guide you in knowing what items will fit in the available space.
- Smartly pack your items. Begin with items you rarely use and finish up with essentials. It helps when unpacking and arranging your house.
- Use trash bags, laundry bins and suitcases to pack clothes since it reduces the number of boxes used.
- When labeling the boxes, avoid the top since they can’t be identified in a stack. Use labels that display the items contained and the rooms they belong to.
- Move valuable items in your car since movers are only limited to a liability of $0.60 a pound.
- Ensure you have a copy of the movers’ inventory before they leave. It can be used in case there are items missing on arrival.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport has 25 years of moving and vehicle shipping experience. We began as a local mover in Sherburne County and have grown to cover interstate moves while still retaining our initial customers.
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- Furniture moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Pet transport
- Apartment relocations
- Senior moves
- Local moves
- Storage services
- Military moves
Check us out
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and try out our incredible services. Fill out the form at the top of our page for a free no-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.