Elk City Long Distance Moving Companies
Sometimes moving to a new place is not a matter of being tired of the current place. It is just that you want a complete change of your current lifestyle. The process itself can be a bit intimidating but with A-1 Auto Transport, Oklahoma, you are well covered. We are here to ensure your move to or from Elk City is seamless. Our services not only help make it easy but are guaranteed to leave you fully satisfied and happy. We also relocate vehicles.
The best house moving tips
- Use quality boxes. Get sturdy boxes from a moving company near you or from a liquor store. Make sure they are brand new to avoid exposing your items to bugs and dust. Start packing early to reduce the workload as the big day approaches.
- Hire help. Look for a professional moving company to help you relocate. Do your research and hire a company you feel comfortable working with. Book your date at least 6 weeks early to avoid inconveniences.
- Do a thorough walkthrough of all the rooms before moving out. You don’t want to leave behind important items and equipment. Check the garden and garage and make sure the rooms are clean and in good condition.
- You will need cleaning supplies before you move out and when you move into the new house. So, let the movers load them last so they can be unloaded first. Pack the cleaning liquids in a plastic bag in case they leak.
- Your refrigerator should be serviced and cleaned at least 48 hours prior to moving. Wipe it dry and let the doors open. This is to keep the bad odor out and prevent the growth of molds.
Reasons why you need a professional moving company
- Storage facilities: If you find yourself in a situation where your move was unexpected and your new home is not yet ready, you might have to look for storage options. To safely store your items, professional movers provide a secure vault-like storage unit that is climate controlled. Items that won't fit at your apartment can be stored there until you get a larger house.
- Reduced chances of injuries: Due to their training, professional movers will handle your items, including the bulky and heavy ones, with care. They use special equipment to easily carry the items from your home into the trucks and unload them again safely. If you had planned on doing it yourself, you might get harmed. The movers are good at this and will make it quick.
- Your items are covered: The law mandates all movers should offer adequate insurance cover for household items. Your items are protected by the basic insurance policy of 60 cents per pound per item. This, however, only covers part of the value of your items and you might have to consider additional protection. With your items protected from damage, your mind will be at peace.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to choose a reliable moving company
Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the contract you are about to sign. The agreement between you and your mover is binding that is why you have to know what you are getting into. If there are parts you don’t understand, ask for clarifications to avoid issues or complications.
Always insist on written estimates. Request a quote from at least 4 movers and check their rates. As much as you’d like to go for cheaper movers, consider their reputation and quality of services as well. Find out whether the estimate is binding or non-binding so that you know how additional charges will affect you.
Be sure to check and verify the license of your moving company. The FMCSA gives authority to movers operating in the transport industry. Interstate movers must have a USDOT Number clearly displayed on their trucks and websites. For local movers, check with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
- Vehicle transport
- International moves
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Storage services
We provide services and products specifically developed for clients who are looking for quality and excellence. Our unrivaled experience of over 25 years gives us the knowledge and technical know-how to maximize opportunities for the consumer and overcome challenges. With powerful solutions and a strict adherence to the Professional Code of Ethics, A-1 Auto Transport stands out as the best company in its class.
Looking for a company you can trust? Call us anytime on 888-509-3213 to set an appointment. Grab your free quotes now by completing the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org