Elgin Long Distance Moving Companies
A-1 Auto Transport is based in Illinois and offers services to the people of Elgin and across the country. We have designed moving solutions that streamline your moving process making it simple and enjoyable. We pack, unpack and even relocate vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Locate a few companies near you and compare their prices. Get the rates of at least three movers before settling on one that suits your budget. All you need is to fill in the number of rooms, how much stuff you have and your destination.
- Pack your items carefully with the heavy ones at the bottom followed by lighter items. Plates should be packed vertically and the spaces filled with soft clothing or unprinted newsprint. This will prevent them from breaking while being moved.
- If possible, pick a moving date that falls on a weekday. Most people move during the weekends, and the rates are usually high. Book your date early since it's difficult to get a reliable moving company on short notice.
- Pack a few separate boxes with items to get you through the first 2-3 days. Your move might get delayed due to several factors including adverse weather conditions. Essential items such as soap, coffee maker, snacks, flashlight, and cookware will come in handy in such situations.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Safety: Imagine asking for your friends' or family's help only for them to get injured in the process. You will incur extra expenses paying for hospital bills and risk losing your friendship. The crew of a professional moving company has the skills to carry heavy furniture down steep stairs without risking anyone’s life. Your safety and that of your friends and family will be assured.
- Insurance: When you hire a professional moving company, the safety of your items is assured, and in case of an accident, your items are covered. The movers handle your possessions with care to ensure they get to your new house in one piece.
- Experience: The longer a mover has been in the market, the better the services. A-1 Auto Transport has been moving people for over 25 years, and you can rest assured that we will handle your items professionally. We have all the resources to make your move successful. We have a proven track record, and our staff is highly trained to move your belongings safely.
- Saves money: When you move on your own, you have to purchase all the necessary materials needed for packing. You might also need to hire equipment to help you carry heavy items. All these expenses are generally combined when you hire a professional moving company. This makes it cost effective and also saves you time.
How to find a reliable moving company
Consider hiring a local mover. A moving company operating in your area is familiar with the routes. Visiting their offices will help you avoid being duped into doing business with unscrupulous movers.
Verify the credentials of a moving company with the FMCSA. Interstate movers are issued with an 11-digit number which serves as a permit to cross state borders. Movers operating within the state need to have a license from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
It’s advisable to consider using a company certified by the American Moving and Storage Association. To qualify as a member, movers must pass a rigorous background check and agree to observe the set professional business practices.
Read online reviews to find out the experiences of different people with different companies. A company with lots of positive comments indicates trust and quality services. Search for your potential mover in sites such as MyMovingReviews.com and TrustLink and check out the company’s history.
- Long distance moving
- International moving
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Vehicle transportation
- Moving storage services
- Packing and unpacking
- Coast to coast moving
- Furniture relocation
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are the premier moving company in Illinois and across the state providing the best moving services at affordable rates. Our primary aim is customer satisfaction and we follow up with our clients during and after a move to make sure they were served professionally. We are quick to respond to customer complaints and the positive reviews prove our commitment to making your move as smooth as possible. Hire A-1 Auto Transport today and let us take the burden of moving from you.
To book your date, call us on 888-509-3213. Please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.