Effingham Long Distance Moving Companies
While the process of moving can be challenging, there are ways to make it fun. Your best option is to hire a professional moving company to help you move with ease. A-1 Auto Transport, Illinois, has rich experience in moving house, office and relocating vehicles among other unique services. You can trust us with your household items and let us make your move to Effingham enjoyable!
Top moving tips
- Plan your move early: You need to have a well-laid plan to avoid doing things hurriedly. Time your moving date to fall on a weekday when the rates are lowest. Also, plan your finances and set a budget that you are comfortable with. This will help you when looking for a moving company to hire.
- Declutter your house: Decide what you want to take with you before you start packing. Lose those household items you do not need. You can hold a garage sale and rack in some extra cash by selling kitchen appliances and furniture that are still in good condition.
- Ask for help: The process of moving, especially packing, can take a long time to complete. Ask your friends, family or neighbors to help whenever they have time to spare. You can invite them on the weekend and cook a nice meal as a sign of appreciation.
- Check your food stock: To avoid throwing away food when moving, don’t stock a week to moving day. Take inventory of what you have and plan how to use it in the few remaining days.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Professional movers have the equipment you need to make your move easier. Heavy and bulky items require specialized equipment to lift safely. Movers use dollies and ramps to ensure they are safely loaded into the trucks. They have the right tools to dismantle items that won’t fit the narrow corridors and reassemble them back at your new house.
- Misfortunes often occur when we least expect them. Moving your belongings on your own exposes them to the risk of breakage and you’ll have to replace them yourself. When you hire a professional moving company, they provide a level of protection that cushions your belongings against damage or loss. In case of an accident, they’ll be responsible for replacing your items.
- The process of moving is time-consuming. There are logistics to take care of and if not planned well; things can quickly get out of hand. That’s why you need a professional mover. They handle everything from providing packing supplies to organizing how to pack, load and unload your stuff. They help you find time to focus on other important issues like setting up your utilities and transferring your driver’s license.
Steps to help you find a reliable moving company
Ask your friends or work colleagues if they can recommend any reliable moving company they may have used recently. If you get lucky, they’ll save you a lot of time screening and evaluating several movers.
Use the internet to research the moving companyyou intend to hire. Check their track record with the Better Business Bureau. Any company listed in the BBB database has a rating and comments from previous customers. Use this information to determine whether the company is a good fit for you.
For any mover to be allowed to operate, they must be authorized by the FMCSA. Verify that their licenses are up-to-date and if it’s a long distance move, ask for their USDOT Number. Movers operating within the state should have a valid permit from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
We specialize in the following services
- Vehicle transport
- Door to door moving
- Long distance moving
- Military moving
- College relocation
- International moves
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We approach every move professionally and respond to all of our clients’ moving concerns. When you hire A-1 Auto Transport, you work with a team of trained experts who not only help you move but also advise you on the best moving practices. We are the go-to moving company for families who are looking for services they can rely on. We have been in the moving industry for over 25 years and are committed to serving you better than any other company.
Call us now
Our friendly customer representatives are available to pick your call 24/7. Call us now on 888-509-3213 and reserve your moving date. Get instant moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.