Still not sure where to attend college? Have you changed your major and you need a new university? Or has your family relocated to Michigan and you need a new university near home? You can consider joining Eastern Michigan University (EMU). EMU is a co-educational public university found in Ypsilanti in the state of Michigan, US. It offers over 200 rigorous programs from undergraduate to doctoral levels. Whether you are moving to EMU for the first time, or you are moving out after completing your program, moving with lots of goods is a daunting task. Finding a professional mover can relieve you from much hassle. A-1 Auto Transport offers full service moving to or from EMU, whether it is a long-distance move, a move from state to state, coast to coast, internationally, or just within the town or country.
Tips on how to make moving to or from EMU easier
Here are key tips that you should consider before, during and after moving in.
- Make a tour to the university before you move: Visiting EMU prior to your reporting date can be costly. However, if you can manage to make a physical visit earlier, it can help you with your preparations. Campus tours around EMU are scheduled Monday to Thursday in the mornings and afternoons, mornings on Friday and specific Saturdays at 10 a.m., while summer tour options may vary. You are allowed to talk to the Admission staff and walk around the campus for three hours. You can visit residence apartment and dorms and see their conditions and facilities available. If you can’t tour the campus, search for housing options online.
- Sell, reduce or recycle: You can reduce your household goods by donating, selling or tossing what you don’t need. You may need your pool table but carrying it may take time and may be costly. Remember moving some bigger items especially from state to state may attract some taxation.
- Start packing as soon as possible: Once you have confirmed your moving dates and decided on what to carry, get your moving boxes ready and start packing. Pack the most essential items first. If you are moving during summer, don’t pack winter gear. You may not need them anytime soon. Pack a few moving boxes each day to make the process manageable and less overwhelming. Label the boxes and put related items together, from hardware to furniture, so that everything stays organized. Also utilize the available spaces and utility boxes.
- Secure your heirlooms and valuables: You don’t want to trust people with your expensive family heirlooms or precious TV or computer. Keep them safe and put them in a place where you can monitor them easily.
- Seek help from friends or professional movers: Depending on the cost of moving, you can decide to move your goods on your own or hire a mover. If you decide to go solo, seek help from friends or neighbors to help you load your truck or unpack when you arrive. You can also hire a professional auto transport company to do the moving for you.
Why you need a professional moving company for your EMU move
Seeking services from a professional mover comes with many advantages. Here are a few:
- They help you get the documents that assure you of a smooth move especially if you are moving from state to state or internationally.
- They are knowledgeable of how to move any kind of household goods.
- They have experience and necessary equipment to handle your goods.
- It may be cheaper and safer in the end; your goods are covered and you can get favourable quotes.
How to find the best university moving company
Visit different websites of the movers and Better Business Bureau to do background checks. Look at the services they offer and whether they operate within your locality. Customer reviews, feedbacks and rankings can help you a lot.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport offers a wide range of services to students who want to move to or from EMU. Some of them include:
- Full-service including door to door service
- Moving storage services
- Moving consultancy or advice
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
A-1 Auto Transport has a team of experienced and trustable professionals ready to serve you and handle your delicate and valuable goods with care. Our 97% customer satisfaction and retention rate, state-of-the-art equipment, satellite that monitors goods on transit and reliable insurance cover give us an upper hand compared to the rest.
Reach out to us
We are waiting to serve you anytime. Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Don’t forget to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org