East Lansing Long Distance Moving Companies
East Lansing is located east of Lansing, the capital of Michigan. It is known for Michigan State University which enrolls over 40,000 students annually. The large student population contributes significantly to the economy and culture. The city is a favourable destination for people looking to escape the hectic life of Lansing. Visit East Lansing and experience the botanical gardens, museums and Red Cedar River. Boat and camp on the nearby marshes where there are plenty of cabins, nature trails and native animals. Moving is known to improve your physical and mental state. Hire A-1 Auto Transport for smooth moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a moving company?
- Skills: Moving requires skill if safety and timeliness are to be observed. Professional movers have specialized skills in packing, loading and moving your items. They know how to swiftly and nicely pack several items in small boxes. They can load heavy items such as refrigerators and furniture with ease. The drivers have the experience to drive for long hours and navigate difficult terrain.
- The right equipment: When moving, you require trolleys and ramps to carry stacked boxes and heavy items. Packing requires quality boxes, markers and tapes. Delicate items are wrapped with bubble wrap or anti-static peanut. You also need a well-serviced vehicle to transport your items. Moving companies have all the required tools and extras such as real-time satellite technology.
- Cost-effective: Using professional movers can save you money in the long run. Movers make it convenient for you to continue making money as they handle your move. They bulk up services and charge a one-off price for full-service moves. You do not need to halt your work to handle a move. They also anticipate challenging situations such as extreme weather that can increase your moving cost.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a professional moving company
Check for recommendations from the Michigan Movers Association. They have over 100 movers based in the state. Search for moving companies based on their location and specialty. Members must abide by a professional code of ethics which ensures reliable services, honesty and fairness. All members have passed the Michigan Department of Transport inspection tests and have the required moving permits.
Use customer review sites like Mymovingreviews.com to analyze previous customer reviews. They have thousands of reviews from across the globe. Avoid companies that take too long to respond to complaints. Most are inexperienced and are just in the business for profits.
Use the International Movers Association for the best international moving companies. A-1 Auto Transport is fully registered with top professional bodies.
Enter the USDOT number at FMCSA to verify the company’s safety rating and pending violations. Any mover with a safety rating of less than 90% is to be avoided. The national movers’ safety rating falls between 90 and 95%.
Ask for quotations from different moving companies and compare their prices and delivery windows. Companies should charge less for combining loads moving in the same direction. Establish the consequences for faltering the contract and how to resolve disagreements.
Tips on how to have a smooth move
- Ensure you have adequate time between the time you start preparing for the move and on moving day. Unavoidable circumstances may arise and they need to be dealt with immediately to avoid breaking your move.
- Reduce your load by selling items that are no longer useful. They increase the moving weight and subsequently attract a higher charge. You can also donate them to friends or
- Have a central room for packing. You will reduce the time used to locate and move items in the house. It also helps in calculating the correct amount of packing material you need.
- Change your address and inform all concerned individuals. Update it at I am moving to reach over 1,500 businesses.
- Make a copy of the mover’s inventory before they leave. Sweep the entire house to confirm no moving item has been left behind.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Being one of the largest worldwide shipping companies, we have over 25 years of experience in the moving and auto transport industry. We apply advanced equipment and professionally trained personnel to improve our services and lower the cost of moving.
Our moving services
- College moves
- Senior moves
- Pool table moves
- Apartment relocations
- Office moves
- Local moves
- Full-service moves
- Residential relocations
- Piano moves
East Lansing is among the best cities in Michigan. Check out A-1 Auto Transport and book us for a flawless move at affordable rates. Call us on 1-888-5209-3213 and speak directly to our sales team.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.