East Grand Rapids Long Distance Moving Companies
East Grand Rapids is known for affluent neighbourhoods and fine architecture. It’s located in Kent County, Michigan. East Grand Rapids is a favourite summertime destination due to the Reeds Lake and streams cutting through town. Long distance moves need to be handled by professional movers. A-1 Auto Transport has been the most trusted moving and vehicle relocation company in the city. Move to a new area and rejuvenate your life, improve your performance and mental health. Frederik Meijer and Gardens has some cool music and art and history lessons that will blow your mind.
Why you need a moving company
- Emergencies: Emergencies are common and part of everyday life. They appear when least expected which means you are not prepared. If you have suddenly been transferred to work in a different city over the weekend, movers have a standby team that can handle your move in hours. They can also deal with your excess items and store them as you look for better housing.
- Chances of accidents reduced: Moving involves carrying and loading heavy items like refrigerators or pool tables. These items are risky and can easily break your limbs or lacerate your skin. You need to have the experience and equipment to move such items. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport have professionally trained personnel who can either dismantle large items or move them using advanced equipment like winches and forklifts.
- Convenience: Moving companies ensure you do not have to take time off to handle your move. They have all the required equipment, adequate personnel and moving permits. They also provide full-service moves where they handle packing, loading and house arranging. You only need to sign the delivery forms and you move into your new premises in days. They also have warehouses where you can store your items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a reliable mover in East Grand Rapids
Get recommendations from moving associations such as the American Movers and Storage Association. The association is renowned for its professionalism and superb services. They use the Promover logo to identify quality state to state moving companies.
Enter the company’s USDOT number at the FMCSA. Check if the number has been operational for the last three years. Long distance moves across states are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The equipment and personnel must pass several tests to get the required permits.
Check Movingscam.com to know how rogue companies operate. They also have a list of over 100 mediocre moving companies. Read and understand their guide on how to protect yourself when dealing with moving companies.
Beware of companies:
- That have frequent and unresolved consumer complaints
- With frequent name changes
- Asking for more than a 20% deposit
- With unreliable physical addresses
Use the Better Business Bureau to verify the company’s assessment record and consumer complaints. The organization accredits moving companies with good customer support and incredible services. It is advisable to hire accredited moving companies since the organization acts at the mediator in case of disputes.
The best tips when conducting a move
- Hire a moving company with relevant moving experience. Confirm their equipment and experience by visiting their offices.
- Sell or donate items you no longer use. Some items may be old and broken; moving them only increases the moving charge and reduces your hauling efficiency.
- Mark all moving items and inform the company about your readiness. Ensure the representative conducts a thorough walk-through before handing you an estimate.
- Smartly pack your items. Pack heavy items in small boxes and light items in large boxes.
- Move personal items such as heirlooms, documents, cash, and medical prescriptions in your car.
- Place the packed items in strategic locations to ease on the movers movement. Label all the boxes according to the type of items packed and their destination.
A-1 Auto Transport services
- Military moves
- Local moves
- State to state moves
- Specialized moves
- Vehicle relocations
- Office moves
- College moves
- Pet transport
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau due to our incredible services. We have a record of 100 resolved consumer complaints and zero pending violations. Our sustainable services are in line with the Environmental Protection Agency’s Smart Way Programme.
Try us out
Experience premier moving services today, call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get free professional moving advice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.