East Chicago Long Distance Moving Companies
The idea of uprooting your life and moving to a new place is exciting. Moving out can be a breeze with the right moving company by your side. A-1 Auto Transport, Indiana, is trusted by thousands of clients who have used our services in the past. We understand how important your move is, that’s why we offer high-quality services at affordable rates. Your move to East Chicago will be less stressful if you let us give you professional help. We also transport vehicles.
Hacks to make your move simple
- Pack light: Don’t overload your boxes. Pack heavy items like books in small boxes and light items like clothes and beddings in large boxes. Heavy boxes will be difficult to carry around and will tire you out quickly.
- Keep your documents with you: People lose or forget some items when moving out. To keep your documents safe, pack them in a small box that you can travel with. Keeping the documents close means you can access them anytime you want.
- Ask for help: If you have a lot of stuff, it’s a good idea to ask your friends to help you pack. Designate specific tasks for each one them so that the work may be carried out efficiently.
- Purge your items: Items that are necessary anymore should be disposed of. Sort through your items and categorize them according to those you’ll move, sell or donate. Reducing your luggage minimizes your load, subsequently reducing the moving cost.
- Research moving companies: Find a reputable moving company to handle your move. Be sure to book your moving date as early as possible. Pick a date that falls on a weekday since most people move during the weekends and the rates are normally high.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Moving companies are experienced to carry out any type of move. Whether it’s across the street or state, the movers have seen it all. They are skilled in making your move progress without a hitch and will make sure you’re settled without complications.
- You save money by hiring professional movers. When you move on your own, you have to purchase packing supplies, hire a truck and you may incur extra costs along the way. But with professionals, all the expenses are included in the package. You don’t need to make any extra payments.
- Minimize the risk of injuries by hiring a professional moving company. They are used to heavy lifting and can safely carry your sofa and other bulky stuff down the stairs or through narrow corridors. They have the necessary equipment to get the job done efficiently.
- The safety of your items is of paramount importance to moving companies. They are trained to handle them with care and deliver them without a scratch. Plus, they provide adequate insurance for your items so that in case of a misfortune, you’ll be compensated.
How to find a reliable moving company
- Transparency: Be wary of companies that don’t provide information on their websites. A reputable mover should display its USODT Number which is issued by the FMCSA. Verify if their licenses are valid and up-to-date. If you are moving to another city within the state, your mover should be duly licensed by the Indiana Department of Revenue.
- Customer service: Only hire movers that perform background checks on their employees. A company with permanent workers is likely to provide good services than a company that uses day laborers. You don’t want to open your doors to criminals and risk the safety of your belongings.
- Membership: Consider hiring a company that’s a member of the Better Business Bureau. This shows commitment and provision of high-level services to consumers. The BBB provides unbiased information to help customers select a reliable moving company.
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- College moving
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Residential moving
- Office relocation
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
- Storage services
- Packing materials
- Cheap East Chicago movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company that’s been in the transport business for over 25 years. Our staff undergoes rigorous training to sharpen their skills in order to serve you better. At A-1 Auto Transport, you get what you pay for. We value our clients hence making sure we honor our deal by making accurate deliveries. When you hire us, the safety of your household items is guaranteed.
Get in touch
For inquiries about our services, contact our customer representatives on 888-509-3213. Get your free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.