Durham Long Distance Moving Companies
The number of people moving keeps rising every year and if you are relocating to Durham soon, we certainly want to give you a most enjoyable moving experience. The better organized you are, the higher the chances your move being easier. You can visit us in our North Carolina offices or contact us to set up an appointment. Our services are undoubtedly the best in the market and thanks to our highly efficient team, your move will be completed as quickly as possible. We also offer vehicle transport services.
Easy packing and moving tips
- Pack early: Houses contain years’ worth of household items that need careful packing and handling. Identify what you really need and what you can do away with. Items that you intend to donate should be packed separately. You could also hold a garage sale and use the proceeds to renovate your kitchen.
- Who needs to know you're moving: Before you move, you should call your doctors, dentists, the bank, close friends and family and alert them. Update them with your new contact information so that they can reach easily.
- Service appliances: Arrange to have major appliances serviced and cleaned before moving out. The fridge needs to be wiped dry since moisture will allow growth of mildew. Drain oil and petrol from machines for ease of movement.
- Items movers won't move: Find out from the movers what items they are not allowed to move. These include aerosols, paint, nail polish, guns, and ammunition. If possible, give them away or use them up prior to moving.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The benefits of using a professional moving company
- They prevent damages. Instead of risking breaking or scratching your furniture, it is safer to leave it to the professionals. They use blankets to cover the furniture not only to prevent dents but also the dust from the moving truck from settling onto the furniture. Delicate items like mirrors will be packed safely and delivered in one piece.
- Hiring a professional moving company guarantees the safety of your belongings. Anything that gets damaged while in their hands is their responsibility and they have an obligation to reimburse the full value. This gives you peace of mind knowing that your losses will be greatly minimized.
- Secure storage units. Your new house might be smaller or maybe you want your items moved while you finish up stuff at work. Having a professional moving company makes it easy since most of them have storage facilities. Your items will be kept in a safe place under tight security until you are ready to collect them.
- They are experienced. For a move to be successful, you need movers who have been in the business long enough. They have the resources to carry out a move without complications. The movers know how to deal with any obstacle that may arise along the way. You won't experience any difficulties if you let professional movers take over.
Guide to finding a reliable moving company
Be sure your mover has an address and contact information. Check out their premises to establish whether they have what it takes to complete a move. Make sure the services they offer covers the area you're relocating to and that they have a registered company name.
Give the movers sufficient information to avoid complications later. For instance, if you live on the 20th floor and you forgot to mention it, they will not come with the equipment they need. This also prevents movers from charging more than what you agreed on.
Only go for a licensed moving company. The FMCSA issues a USDOT Number to long distance movers while local movers should obtain an operating license from the North Carolina Utilities Commission. This gives you confidence that your move is in good hands.
- Auto transport (Car transportation)
- Coast to coast moving
- Corporate moving
- Residential moving
- Furniture relocation
- Military relocation
- Piano moving
Why you need us
A-1 Auto Transport's sole responsibility is to alleviate the stress associated with moving. We know how tough a move can be and we are willing to shoulder that burden for you. Here, we believe any move is a step forward and we'll be thrilled to help you celebrate by giving you a moving experience to remember. After performing thousands of moves, we have learned so much and are willing to share that with you.
Book your move now!
We’d love to hear from you. So, if you have a move coming up give us a call on 888-509-3213. To request free estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.