Dubuque Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you’re moving across the street or crossing over to another state, you can’t move alone. You need the help of professionals who have years of experience. A-1 Auto Transport, Iowa, has been in the business for over 25 years and is established as one of the leading moving companies in the U.S. We offer a variety of moving services including vehicle transport. Your move to Dubuque will be a lot easier if you hire our services.
Tips to ease your move
- Wrap your fragile items such as glass, vases, dishes and picture frames using newspaper. Use unprinted paper since printed ones may stain your items. Fill up empty space at the top of your boxes to provide extra cushioning.
- Color code your boxes. Use a different color for each room and stick the corresponding color on each box. This will avoid confusion and help the movers know exactly which room each box is destined for.
- Don’t forget to clean your fridge. Unplug it and clear everything out. Let it defrost for at least 24 hours before moving day. Wipe dry any liquid to prevent the growth of mildew.
- Downsize your items by getting rid of those items you no longer need. Go through every room and sort what you want to move and what can be sold or donated. This will help you reduce clutter.
- If you’re moving your pets, find out the rules governing pet relocation in your new city or state. Make sure they receive all the necessary vaccinations. If you’re driving, make your pet as comfortable as possible.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Personal injuries. Moving of heavy items needs the skills of professional movers. You might think that you have the strength to carry your items down the stairs but you don’t know you're exposing your back to health risks. The movers are trained and do this on a daily basis hence they are always in tip-top shape.
- Storage units. If you want your items moved before you or have moved to a smaller apartment, you’ll need a place to keep your items. Professional movers have secure storage facilities that are climate controlled to ensure your items are kept in good condition.
- Reliability. When you rely on the help of your friends, you may end being frustrated and disappointed when they fail to turn up. But with a professional moving company, you are guaranteed they’ll show up nice and early on the date you agreed.
- Protection for your items. When you hire a professional moving company, they take full responsibility of your items. They will handle everything with care and make sure your belongings are delivered without a scratch. They provide insurance cover for your items and you are sure of compensation in case of any damages or loss.
How to choose a reliable moving company
Check the Better Business Bureau to find out if the company you’re interested in has been accredited. The BBB endorses movers who uphold good customer relations and provide exceptional moving services.
Hire a local moving company. Being able to visit their offices and check out their equipment will give you an insight of how they operate. The staff of a reputable mover should be professional, knowledgeable and friendly.
Read the reviews from other customers to determine the level of competency of a particular moving company. Sites like movingscam.com and Angie’s List will provide valuable information about moving companies to help you make a wise decision. If there are any complaints filed against the company you intend to hire, find out if they were resolved before hiring the company.
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- College moving
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- International relocation
- Residential moving
- Cheap Dubuque movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
As a leader in the moving industry, we pride ourselves in commitment and satisfying our customers. Our services are tailored to meet the needs of every person, thus giving you flexible options to choose from. We focus on your move to make sure you receive the best services we have to offer. A move can only be successful if you hire a successful moving company. A-1 Auto Transport is your company of choice.
Hire us today
Don’t hesitate to call us on 888-509-3213 to have your questions answered. Our customer representatives are available 24 hours a day to attend to your concerns. Get free moving quotes now by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com