- Dover Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why Hire A Moving Company?
- How To Make Your Move Successful Using 4 Simple Tips
- How To Find The Best Moving Company
- Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- We Handle
- Contact Us
Dover Long Distance Moving Companies
Dover is the second largest city in Delaware. The city is the county seat of Kent County. Dover has a humid subtropical climate. The most notable attraction is the NASCAR track. It hosts events twice a year attracting over 100,000 visitors. Moving to Dover can be for vacation in the downtown casino, favorable climate or working in the retail sector. A-1 Auto Transport deals with local and international moves in Dover. We also do car shipping in the country.
Why hire a moving company?
- Moving companies are continuously progressing and introducing new services. Anyone who wishes to move an item however complex it may be is always covered.
- A professional moving company is affordable. Movers enjoy economies of scale in their businesses. Moving large volumes saves on space, the number of trips and expenses incurred. The trucks used can move a 4 bedroom house in a single trip.
- Moving companies also charge for all services. A person using DIY has to hire different people for the services, inflating the cost.
- Movers have better communication. They coordinate effectively between the office and ground teams. They are constantly informed of the weather conditions and traffic snarl ups. Using satellite communication, the drivers know the best routes and avoid possible danger.
- A moving company applies advanced mechanization in their activities. They have modified trucks which handle heavy loads. They can hoist couches from the ground floor to several floors above. The vehicles have competent drivers and accidents hardly occur.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to make your move successful using 4 simple tips
Organization: Moving requires expertise, planning and execution. You need to plan the order of activities. Start by scheduling a moving date. Follow up by having a walk-through with the company representative. Have a packing date and finally a moving day. When one is done successfully, the other follows effortlessly.
Budget: Make a list of your expenses. After you are handed a moving estimate by the company, start reducing unnecessary costs. A huge percentage of the cost charged comes from the weight. Reduce the load. Begin by purging items you no longer need. Use your car to move some clothes and personal items. High value items also need additional insurance.
Buy reused boxes from local stores. Ask friends for help when packing and unpacking. Pad delicate items to avoid loss while in transit.
Communication: When conducting a walk-through ask all the questions you have. Establish everything is clear before signing the contract. Give them all contact details including phone numbers and email.
Keep your movers in the loop when moving. Stay in the vicinity when movers are loading your items. They should also know where to find you easily in case you go out for a while. Inform them of any new changes you need implemented.
Request them to keep you updated on their movement and inform you when they arrive.
Packing: Pack items in the boxes. Arrange the items in each box to ensure no space is left. Use boxes of similar color to pack items from a common room. Color coding helps when unpacking. Label the boxes with the number of items and rooms they came from. Mark boxes with fragile items in huge letters.
Pack an overnight bag that will help you adjust to your environs quickly. It should contain; small electronics, fresh clothes, valuables and toiletries.
How to find the best moving company
A reliable moving company should have a USDOT number. This government department licenses all transporters. AMSA is a body that registers and regulates all moving companies in over 35 states of the country. It has a voluntary membership.
FMSCA also handles consumer complaints.
You can also check on customer review sites. Beware of companies that hire people to give them fake favorable reviews. Some customers may also harbor a personal vendetta with the company.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport
We have over 20 years of experience in the industry. Our service delivery has earned praise and recognition across the country and beyond. We have evolved to offer more complex moves at fair prices. Our business model focuses on efficiency, communication and sustainability. Our operations are monitored by various government and non-governmental bodies to keep in line with set regulations.
Out of State Movers Near Me
- Full service moves
- Long distance house moves
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Auto transport
- Apartment moves
- Cheap Dover movers
Check us out at A-1 Auto Transport or call 888-509-3213. Fill out the form at the top of the page and get free professional moving advice.