Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Douglasville, Georgia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Douglasville Long Distance Moving Companies
Previously known as ‘Skint Chestnut,’ Douglasville is a steadily growing city and is the county seat of Douglas County, Georgia. The historic district has seen the production of famous series and movies such as Stranger Things and Mocking Jay Part I. Moving is a fun experience especially if you enlist the services of an experienced Georgia-based moving company. We at A-1 Auto Transport provide professional moving services locally and internationally, including vehicle transport. We help you transition smoothly to Douglasville by scheduling and organizing your moving process efficiently.
Tips to help you move easier
- Packing: Packing is a time-consuming exercise and the secret is to start early. Gather sufficient packing supplies to avoid running to the stores to get more boxes or tape. Pack heavy items at the bottom and avoid overloading your boxes. Maintain the weight to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Labeling: Label each box as soon as you finish packing. Indicate which side should face up, whether the contents are fragile and the room each box is destined for. This will make unpacking a breeze.
- Essentials: There’s a high chance you won’t finish unpacking all your items in one day hence the need to pack a separate bag with your essentials. You need to have quick access to items such as towels, bedsheets, and toiletries.
- Defrost your fridge: If you are moving your refrigerator, clean it thoroughly and let it dry at least one day before moving. This will get rid of nasty smells and prevent the growth of mildew.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- If you run on a tight schedule and you need to move, hiring professionals is your best chance. They do all the work which includes packing and unpacking. This takes the burden of moving off your shoulders so you can concentrate on your business.
- Trusting your friends to help you move may lead to frustrations especially when they bail out on you the last minute. However, you can rely on the services of a professional moving company. They have a reputation to build, so they’ll make sure they show up on time and deliver on their promise. Plus, there’s a binding contract that needs to be honored.
- The good thing about hiring movers is that there are no hidden charges. Movers send their inspectors to assess and inventory your household items and come up with an estimate of the moving cost. You can verify and ask for clarifications before hiring them. You only get to pay the agreed amount without having to worry about additional charges.
How to find a reliable mover
- There are many movers out there claiming to be professionals. Get the estimates of at least three movers and compare their rates. Beware of those who bid too low because of two reasons. Either they are inexperienced, or are scammers intending to rip you off. A reliable mover provides high-quality services at affordable rates.
- Ask for references from friends or coworkers who have recently moved. This is a quick way of finding movers since you won’t go through the hassle of evaluating them. If you don’t get personal references, then associations might help. The American Moving and Storage Association started a ProMover program to help connect consumers to trustworthy movers. Moving companies must pass a strict annual background check to be certified.
- Consider hiring a company with high BBB ratings. This proves that the company upholds the best business practices and has fewer unresolved cases. You can read the reviews of potential movers on the BBB website as well.
- The FMCSA is a resourceful site that provides information about the history of moving companies. The agency requires movers to provide clients with the Know Your Rights booklet before a move. These are guidelines of what to expect from a moving company and what a moving company expects from you.
- Door to door moving
- Interstate relocation
- International and local moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage services
- Coast to coast moving
- College relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Cheap Douglasville movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in the transport industry for over 25 years and have gained considerable experience to help you move. At A-1 Auto Transport, our focus is to provide services of high standards at affordable rates.
Get in touch
Call our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 and book your moving date today. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get free moving estimates.