Douglas Long Distance Moving Companies
Millions of people move every year for varied reasons; to join college, start life in a new city, work transfer or for retirement. We understand how complicated relocating can be, that’s why we have a dedicated team of professionals ready to attend to all your moving needs 24/7. A-1 Auto Transport is a professional moving company based in Georgia that provides a wide variety of services including vehicle relocation. So if you have a move planned to the City of Douglas, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Tips to ease your move
- Create a checklist and stick to it. The list will help you stay organized to avoid leaving behind important household items. Divide tasks into weeks to give yourself sufficient time to complete each.
- If you own a pet, inquire if your moving company moves pets and check if the conditions are favorable. Also, call the relevant department in the state or city you’re relocating to and find out if there are any restrictions or regulations on moving pets.
- Pack your essential items in a clear plastic bag that can easily be distinguished from the other boxes. This makes it easy to access items like laptop chargers without breaking a sweat. Consider packing a change of clothes if you’ll be reporting to work the following day.
- When sourcing for packing supplies, make sure the boxes are brand new and have firm edges to prevent your items from falling apart.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire professional movers
- Professional movers have trucks of different sizes that can accommodate all your belongings at a go. They will assess your items and decide what truck size is suitable for your items. The trucks have special reinforcements to prevent your belongings from moving around while in transit.
- The risk of injuries is significantly reduced when you hire a professional moving company. It’s not easy to carry a heavy sofa down steep staircases, and you also run the risk of dropping and breaking it. The movers are used to lifting heavy furniture through different spaces and have the workforce and techniques to accomplish the task quickly. They ensure your items and walls are not scratched.
- Protection of your belongings is one of the top priorities of a moving company. They offer adequate insurance cover to make sure your household items are protected. You’ll be at peace knowing that you’re eligible for compensation in case of any mishaps.
- Movers are experts in planning and organizing your moving process. They also help pack and load your items as well as unload and unpack them when you arrive at your new home. They handle all the heavy lifting, disassembling and reassembling your furniture, and even servicing your electrical appliances.
Ways of identifying a reliable mover
- Reputation: A reliable mover strives to build its reputation by providing services that uphold the best business practices. BBB Accreditation not only proves the trustworthiness of a mover but also their dependability to deliver your household items as per your contract.
- Experience: Find out how long a moving company has been operating in the moving business before hiring them. The more experienced a company is, the more likely it is to provide high-quality services. Experienced movers have all the measures set in place to deal with unexpected situations that may arise during a move. They are well trained to handle your items with maximum care and deliver them without delay.
- Licensing: Find out if the company you intend to hire is registered by the FMCSA and issued with a USDOT Number if operating across the states. Their license should be up-to-date and vividly displayed on their trucks, vans, and uniforms.
A-1 Auto Transport moving services
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Interstate and in-state moving
- Car transportation
- Piano moving
- Full service (packing and unpacking)
- Door to door moving
- Moving storage services
- Cheap Douglas movers
Why use us?
At A-1 Auto Transport, we don’t compromise on the quality of our services. We only hire the best crew in the business to ensure nothing is left to chance when it comes to moving. Each move is unique, and we provide customer-focused moving solutions that meet your specific requirements. For a fast and efficient moving experience, A-1 Auto Transport is your best pick.
Call us now
Contact our customer care department for more details on our moving plans. Call us now on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.